Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » I'm a new grandpa (6 new grandkids)
I'm a new grandpa [message #33242] Mon, 22 September 2014 21:38 Go to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
As some of you already know I bred my Female orange and white Britt with my Black and White Springer. Last night between 9:15 PM and 12:15 AM she had 6 nice pups. Three Liver and white, three black and white.
Wife took a pix tonite. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

index.php?t=getfile&id=5448&private=0

Only Bummer is Oct.1 is opening day for Chukar season so I'll be short one dog. Evil or Very Mad . Couldn't talk the wife into sewing a 6 pocket "saddle" for the babies so my daughter can go with us. Evil or Very Mad Mad Sad
Re: I'm a new grandpa [message #33244 is a reply to message #33242] Tue, 23 September 2014 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Congrats on the new pups Jim; good looking litter. Have a great day and keep us posted.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: I'm a new grandpa [message #33245 is a reply to message #33244] Tue, 23 September 2014 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Thanks Murl. She readily eats rabbit meat, so I'll have to take the other three out later and shoot some more for her. Cooked, of course. She's pretty protective of them but getting more relaxed with me being close to them. Been giving her cheese, for the extra calcium she needs. I'm pretty good at "cutting cheese" as it is, so kills two birds with one stone.
Jim
Re: I'm a new grandpa [message #33272 is a reply to message #33245] Wed, 24 September 2014 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Jim;
Have sexed them yet? Males, Females? She will relax quiet a lot over the next day or two. Is this her first litter?
Talk to you later.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: I'm a new grandpa [message #33273 is a reply to message #33272] Wed, 24 September 2014 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Yes, her first litter; she'll be five come November. Initial check was 4 grand-daughters and one grandson from the first 5. Hope today to get a more accurate count. Momma's eating and drinking a LOT Better, even managed to get her to take a potty break once yesterday. Did get her to eat a whole bowl of food, and half-bowl of water, although I did have to hold her food in my hand to get her to eat it; water she'll lap out of her bowl if I hold the bowl in front of her. Don't leave the water in with her, don't want a pup to crawl on it. She still licks them a lot.
Jim
Re: I'm a new grandpa [message #33295 is a reply to message #33273] Sat, 27 September 2014 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mtn. Man 1 is currently offline  Mtn. Man 1
Novice Contributor
Congratulations Grandpa. Maybe I'll come out to hunt with you one of these days.
Congratulations Grandpa. Maybe I'll have to come out to hunt with you one of these days.

Re: I'm a new grandpa [message #33297 is a reply to message #33295] Sat, 27 September 2014 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Thanks Roger. Let's make that more positive, someday you WILL come out and hunt with me/us. You are most welcome to visit, hunt, chat, shoot, whatever.

Jim
Re: I'm a new grandpa [message #33396 is a reply to message #33297] Mon, 06 October 2014 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
Congrats Jim, I have 6 pups here as well, they were 2 wks. yesterday. Have fun with them.
Mike
Re: I'm a new grandpa [message #33397 is a reply to message #33396] Mon, 06 October 2014 10:52 Go to previous message
Top Contributor
exact same age as mine. Eyes open now and chunky, scoot around quick. Had mom and all six on the bed yesterday for the first time. I just can't seem to leave them alone. Won't be long they will be all over the house exploring.
Jim
Previous Topic: HI, I'm a new guy
Next Topic: I can't believe it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 08:27:51 EDT 2024