Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » junk casing ejector
junk casing ejector [message #1067] Wed, 03 February 2010 22:31 Go to next message
jeremy is currently offline  jeremy
Forum Newbie
When I was sighting in my 22-250, I opened the breech on the spent cartridge the ejector pulled off the face and left the casing in the breech. I literally had to pry the casing out. It was a cold day and I know it expanded. This happened multiple times. Next time I will have a rod to push the the chamber clear. Is there an adjustment somewhere I am not finding. Thanks for the help on this.
Re: junk casing ejector [message #1068 is a reply to message #1067] Wed, 03 February 2010 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hatchieriverboy is currently offline  hatchieriverboy
Forum Newbie
were these reloads or factory? in an encore? if reloads i wonder how much pressure you had, sounds like you need to check your load data.

Never Forget 9/11/01
Re: junk casing ejector [message #1069 is a reply to message #1068] Wed, 03 February 2010 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
no, they were 50gr winchester ballistic tip
Re: junk casing ejector [message #1070 is a reply to message #1069] Thu, 04 February 2010 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claysshotgunner is currently offline  Claysshotgunner
Novice Contributor
I think he is saying that the ejector is slipping off the rim. Not pulling the rim off. I think there is a spring for the ejector, and it may be broken. Never have taken on eapart, but think there is one there.
Re: junk casing ejector [message #1078 is a reply to message #1070] Sun, 07 February 2010 22:39 Go to previous message
Forum Newbie
Yes, It is slipping off the rim. The spring is operational. I think it doesnt get a good enough bite on the rim. Thanks for the help guys.
Previous Topic: loose encore frame and barrel fit
Next Topic: deleting post
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 08:26:55 EDT 2024