Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » I picked up a ss encore 7mm-08 rifle
I picked up a ss encore 7mm-08 rifle [message #26365] Mon, 09 December 2013 18:12 Go to next message
bravo2 is currently offline  bravo2
Forum Newbie
I picked up a ss encore 7mm-08 rifle with 20" barrel that has a break on the end. It has a light nice trigger. I don't know if the springs been changed and if its been tuned (Bellm kit). Its a older one and I like it. I don't know if I like the break comp or not or if it even needs one. Soon not to have it on it. Looks kinda like a D&T one but pretty sure its not. The end of the break has been turned down horrible and there is a sharp edge lip at the inner barrel on the face of it. Face is not no where smooth at all. Don't look like it was fired much. It has no designs or pro hunter encore markings on the sides.
I really wanted a pistol version just like it with no markings in the same caliber. I could switch it but think I will buy another one and make it a pistol in the same caliber. So I will be looking for another unless I get talked into changing this one. Wood looks good. If I can post pic on here I will. I want to a lot of barrels for it and pistol version.
Re: I picked up a ss encore 7mm-08 rifle [message #26366 is a reply to message #26365] Mon, 09 December 2013 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
Welcome to the group. As to muzzle brakes, they are really not needed on a 7mm-08. You might want to just remove it.
Re: I picked up a ss encore 7mm-08 rifle [message #26460 is a reply to message #26366] Thu, 12 December 2013 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
It did not seem to want to come off easy. I don't know what method to use to take it off and do I got to put a thread protector on it to protect the threads?
Re: I picked up a ss encore 7mm-08 rifle [message #26464 is a reply to message #26460] Thu, 12 December 2013 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I use a strap wrench to remove them, and yes... A thread protector is "almost" a necessity if you have exposed threads that you don't want to mess up.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: I picked up a ss encore 7mm-08 rifle [message #26469 is a reply to message #26464] Thu, 12 December 2013 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Brakes can make it more entertaining for those next to you at the range though Wink Along with the strap wrench try heating the brake to loosen anything used to bond it to the barrel.

Welcome to the group

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: I picked up a ss encore 7mm-08 rifle [message #26611 is a reply to message #26365] Tue, 17 December 2013 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
Here is a pic even though not a great pic. It have a hard release to open it I think.
  • Attachment: encore.jpg
    (Size: 252.44KB, Downloaded 269 times)
Re: I picked up a ss encore 7mm-08 rifle [message #27823 is a reply to message #26611] Fri, 24 January 2014 02:06 Go to previous message
Forum Newbie
I picked up a ss encore pistol frame already been reworked. I just got to get a set of pachmyer grips and a couple ss barrels in .243 and 7mm-08 to start out with.
Previous Topic: 500 Linebaugh
Next Topic: Rail forearm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 08:21:53 EDT 2024