Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Closekly related: Bellm locking bolt springs wi G-2 and encores (related to the contender g-1 caution)
Closekly related: Bellm locking bolt springs wi G-2 and encores [message #30289] Tue, 01 April 2014 12:55
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Bellm offers stiffer locking bolt springs to "assure" lockup and fire.

This is a "slippery-slope" issue. Is it a "cure" or is it an opportunity for more problems?

My personal view is regardless of whether it's a G-1, G-2, or Encore, ALL of these SHOULD close, lock up and Fire with a "sneek" close procedure. If you have issues with ANY of the three occuring, using stiffer springs may just obscure the real problem, ie the band-aid approach.

Seizures may arise, and the root cause is identical to failure to lock up and fire, the locking bolts need "work". If you're experiencing problems DON'T jump to the stiffer spring fix. The original spring should be more than adequate, provide not weakened over time and or use (or lack of use). The proper approach and first to turn to is what I said in the contender article. Granted both the encore and g-2 use a lever to tell the gun That the barrel is present and the gun is "locked". My question is Does that stiffer spring = recoil of a min or MAX recoiling gun? That's what closer approximates what may happen when a gun seizes and fails to unlock and open. Stiffer may well increase seizures like with the lighter rounds like the 223, 357 mag, and the other lighter recoilers. Bellm doesn't have 10,000 encore or G-2 frames around to fully test if he's creating more seizure issues. You guys are the guinea pigs. personally, I don't want to be ANYBODY's personal giuinea pig. Do you?
food for thought
Jim

[Updated on: Tue, 01 April 2014 12:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: new frame
Next Topic: Special caution to the contender folks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 17:11:14 EDT 2024