Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Safe way to make a transaction...
Safe way to make a transaction... [message #3120] Tue, 25 January 2011 16:36 Go to next message
Wilber is currently offline  Wilber
Forum Newbie
I'm new to buying stuff on an open forum like this.
How do most people buy (or sell) with some assurance that they won't get ripped off?

Thanks,
Wilber

[Updated on: Tue, 25 January 2011 16:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Safe way to make a transaction... [message #3122 is a reply to message #3120] Tue, 25 January 2011 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MasonH is currently offline  MasonH
Novice Contributor
it's a tough gig. generally i look for post counts and such. generally a guy who's gonna screw you is gonna only try it once on a site. get a name, address, phone number all that info. that way if they rip you off, you can call the police office in their town and get them arrested. depending on the value of the ripoff it could be a big deal for them.
Re: Safe way to make a transaction... [message #3126 is a reply to message #3122] Tue, 25 January 2011 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

always use paypal... like paying with a credit card. easy way to dispute transactions
Re: Safe way to make a transaction... [message #3127 is a reply to message #3126] Tue, 25 January 2011 19:50 Go to previous message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Me too. Paypal is really easy. Never had an issue.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Previous Topic: T/C Encore pro hunter 7mm-08
Next Topic: Anyone have "hanger bar" experience? Worth buying?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 15:28:31 EDT 2024