Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Stainless encore with blue barrel (mix and match)
Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34887] Sun, 21 December 2014 21:08 Go to next message
bikerpipes is currently offline  bikerpipes
Novice Contributor
I have a stainless encore and see a lot of blue barrels how does a stainless encore look with a blue barrel.

If God brings you to it He will bring you through it.
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34895 is a reply to message #34887] Sun, 21 December 2014 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
Kind of like a two-tone car. Not bad. I prefer the looks of a stainless receiver with a blued barrel to a blued receiver with a stainless barrel.
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34897 is a reply to message #34895] Sun, 21 December 2014 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Stainless frame, blued barrel, stainless muzzle brake, grey laminate stock - I loved this look:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/cajuntec/Firearm%20pictures/IMG_0082_zpsb58cf88b.jpg

First two on the left are stainless framed Encores with blued barrels:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/cajuntec/Firearm%20pictures/DSCF1289.jpg

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34901 is a reply to message #34897] Mon, 22 December 2014 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Al in Mi is currently offline  Al in Mi
Novice Contributor
I think the colors of stock set it what catches the eye first.

Nice rifles Glen, one might think you like thumbhole stocks at first glance :>))
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34902 is a reply to message #34901] Mon, 22 December 2014 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bikerpipes is currently offline  bikerpipes
Novice Contributor
I'm talking about the pistol.

If God brings you to it He will bring you through it.
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34905 is a reply to message #34902] Mon, 22 December 2014 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
The Contender was pistol only from 67 to 84. The encore and G-2 started as both. Most Contender shooters would be shooting pistols, some both, and some rifle. In the encore, though, the majority are rifle shooters, pistol shooters in the vast minority.
But more may shoot both compared to the contender. So when asking encore pistol questions, the majority here without you specifying "pistol" would assume rifle.
You may have had better luck getting pix if you had just said "pistol" because while conceptualizing the "contrast" vs blend, you can see it whether looking at contender pistols or encore pistols.
Have you checked out our "Photos" section? BOTH when shipped were supplied with "composite/rubber" BLACK furniture for the stainless models whether pistol or rifle; Walnut with Blues (except first year composite could be found on both pistols and whole guns if blued). T/C kept that with the encore and G-2, Black composite on Stainless, walnut on blued. 2000, encore pistols went to "rubber" and dropped composite with pistol grips with the stainless models.
One can change the mix with scope, ring, and base selection as well, to get a slightly different look. Iron sights, however, are always "black". The number of pix you'd have to see would be: 2 (Blue and SS frame) X 2 (blue and SS barrel X 2 (Blue and SS base) X 2 (blue and SS rings) X 2 (blue/black (2 if matt vs gloss) and SS scope) X 2 (Black and walnut grip) X 2 (walnut and Black forearm). That's 128 not counting matt vs gloss base, rings, and scope).
Jim
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34909 is a reply to message #34905] Mon, 22 December 2014 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
index.php?t=getfile&id=5828&private=0How about this.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 December 2014 13:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34910 is a reply to message #34909] Mon, 22 December 2014 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Twisted Evil one down, 127 to go
Jim Shocked Confused Sad

Hey Rich, PM me about that cartridge holder, who, #rounds, etc.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 December 2014 13:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34915 is a reply to message #34910] Mon, 22 December 2014 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Me too! Thanks

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34918 is a reply to message #34915] Mon, 22 December 2014 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
Me and 2.
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34921 is a reply to message #34918] Mon, 22 December 2014 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
All that asked about rchatting's project - I split the topic off into a new topic in this same subforum, as not to hijack this thread.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Stainless encore with blue barrel [message #34922 is a reply to message #34921] Mon, 22 December 2014 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
TScottW99 is currently offline  TScottW99
Novice Contributor

My .480 Ruger, SS Pro-Hunter frame, 12" blued barrel.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/TScottW99/480Ruger3.jpg
Previous Topic: How do you hold your T/C pistol?
Next Topic: Encore & Contender Pistols - Accuracy / Recommendation questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 08:04:54 EDT 2024