Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Need help
Need help [message #5609] Wed, 03 August 2011 17:48 Go to next message
JoeAdams is currently offline  JoeAdams
Forum Newbie

Do you know if they make a 338 win mag for a thompson center encore? If so how much do they run or do you have one for sale?

I put my time zone as indianapolis but i live in minnesota
Looking for 338 win mag barrel
Re: Need help [message #5613 is a reply to message #5609] Wed, 03 August 2011 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Not that I've seen in a factory barrel. T/C makes a .338 Federal. Match Grade Machine has a custom made barrel in .338 Win Mag:
http://www.matchgrademachine.com/chamberings_public.php

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Need help [message #5617 is a reply to message #5609] Thu, 04 August 2011 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sierra Ghost Hunter
I have been spanked for posting this guy's site too many times but yes the do make a 338 win mag as well as a 338 federal. Check out the list on the right hand side.
http://www.edstc.com/28encss.html
I have been a client of this site at the posting of another member and found it helpful.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2011 01:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help [message #5618 is a reply to message #5617] Thu, 04 August 2011 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DIXIEDOG is currently offline  DIXIEDOG
Forum Newbie
I've ordered from Ed's TC also, his prices are good, he has a wicked inventory and he ships fast.
Re: Need help [message #5619 is a reply to message #5609] Thu, 04 August 2011 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sierra Ghost Hunter
I will see if anyone else has it for sale and post my findings.
I guess I over advertised for Ed's TC site but the guy has a great inventory and his list is like an almanac for barrel info on what was made and what is available. I wish TC was as organized on their website.
Re: Need help [message #5620 is a reply to message #5619] Thu, 04 August 2011 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Capt,
Wasnt me. Im the one who told you about Eds.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Need help [message #5624 is a reply to message #5620] Thu, 04 August 2011 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sierra Ghost Hunter
cajuntec wrote on Thu, 04 August 2011 07:17
Capt,
Wasnt me. Im the one who told you about Eds.
All the best,
Glenn

Glenn,
I know it wasn't you but you got me in trouble (joke) with arming me with that knowledge!LOL
That site seems to have everything listed and is a great resource just for the info of "if it is made or not" and if it is available. He has the best price on some barrels and can be beat by about $15 on others which is not very much at all.
I think the admin was thinking I was spamming the site just because I was using his site to refer guys to for used barrels and as a reference because he has barrels that most sites do not have plus he has a list of used barrels that no one seems to carry. I wish this guy was out here in CA but then again my wallet and my wife are happy that he is not.
I just bought my last barrel for a while, a used SS 7mm Mag Pro Hunter that will go into the safe till next year for elk hunting in either Colorado or New Mexico for that long range shot. I have to save the rest of my cash for this year's trip to Wyoming and then I can start saving for a long range scope (there goes another $1000).

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2011 12:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help [message #5969 is a reply to message #5609] Sun, 11 September 2011 22:12 Go to previous message
bustedknee is currently offline  bustedknee
Forum Newbie
Bullberry.

I have a 458 Winchester Magnum barrel made by them.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/leflers/DSCF1167.jpg
Previous Topic: encore sights
Next Topic: Encore part
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 28 18:44:22 EDT 2024