Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Bushnell Customer Service ( or lack of )
Re: Bushnell Customer Service ( or lack of ) [message #17059 is a reply to message #17048] Sun, 16 December 2012 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
I agree with greg, call customer service. Mosat likely their email version someone reads the email, then clicks on a pre-packaged response. Your GPS was obviously outmoded, and discontinued from their line and "new maps" probably only had one possible reply.

Call and talk to a real person, you may not be able to get a 2012 satellite map, but it's entirely possible that you could still get a 2011 version. Somewhere at Bushnell, there's a dvd/cd/flash drive/hard drive that has the 2011's stored. It would take a real person to locate it, and be able to email or download the region you want to you.

A few months ago I had occassion to experience Bushnell's Customer service. I had questions about ring configurations regarding "Millet" turn in rings. Several sources I referenced had conflicting part numbers for several configurations. Searched online under "Millet scope rings" and get Millet's website. It includes a customer service number. Called it, and the auto answer tells me I reached Bushnell Customer service, etc, etc,etc. I hang up, must have dialed a wrong number. Re-search online, and call the listed number. Again, get Bushnell. So I just go ahead and wait for the next available rep to take my call. Well, about 2 years ago, Bushnell bought out Millet.
Well, real human introduces himself and asks what I need. I tell him I just needed correct part numberas for millet turn in rings, and their configurations low/high/etc. he doesn't know, and their database hasn't been merged. he asks if I would be willing to "hold", he'd find out. He floated around their building and got "samples" of all the turn in rings just so he could positively verify their configurations with the packaging part number. I was only interested in the "extension" type, so he dug through his pile, and ferreted all those type to tell me the part numbers for every Millet turn-in ring that was an extension type, and gave them to me.
That to me was going above and beyond. Easy way out would have been, "I'll find out and call you back", then hung up and pretended I never called. My call wasn't even about something I already owned, so in effect, I was a "potential customer", and important enough to at least this guy to get off his butt and get real answers no matter where he had to go.
Turned out the Natchez online "catalog" had errors in their listing of part numbers for the Millet extension rings. Calling Natchez and talking to their cusomer rep, a real person actually went out and pulled the rings I wanted by part number while I was on the phone with them showed the error to them and he said he'd get that error fixed. I haven't re-checked to see if they did, since I already have my order and got what I wanted. BUT, at least another rep that was willing to get off his butt to make sure I was going to get what I wanted, despite their listing error.
Jim

Read Message icon13.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Mid South Shooters Supply
Next Topic: Bellm Kits
Goto Forum: