Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Choate Machine - The quality has dropped
Re: Choate Machine - The quality has dropped [message #38664 is a reply to message #38616] Sat, 27 June 2015 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
Glenn: I work in the custom plastics molding industry. You have what is referred to as a non-fill or short shot. The process settings went askew on that shot. Most of these parts are picked by operators who sometimes miss the small imperfections. Quality usually takes samples every hour to check on the part staying in size. They usually check cosmetics also. It is still possible for a part to get thru the cracks in the system between checks. In the industry we realize that fact.
I doubt Choate manufactures their own plastics, and may be unaware that they have some bad ones floating out of their distribution. In any case if I were you, I would call them and inform them of the issue. Chances are they would be more than happy to replace it to keep their brand name in good repair. Just my take on it, but worth the phone call.
Best Regards
Rick

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message