Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » New member (alaska)
New member (alaska) [message #15675] Sun, 04 November 2012 16:16 Go to next message
Firedog23 is currently offline  Firedog23
Novice Contributor
Pretty cool website!! I just bought my first TC it's a encore pro hunter that I couldn't pass up. I'm looking to build a "truck gun" something small compact and a small caliber. Just wanna take care of some fox and coyotes that are around. I'm thinking 22 hornet just up in the air about a pistol setup or a short barrel rifle set up. Anyways just wanted to say hey and enjoy looking/reading all your posts
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15684 is a reply to message #15675] Sun, 04 November 2012 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
groat is currently offline  groat
Welcome to the site
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15687 is a reply to message #15684] Sun, 04 November 2012 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Welcome.

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15688 is a reply to message #15687] Sun, 04 November 2012 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Thanks !! Does anyone know if its possible to get a 17 hornet barrel for a encore! I'm just to new to this gun to know and cant find much online about the possibilities

Thanks
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15690 is a reply to message #15688] Sun, 04 November 2012 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Yep. Match Grade Machine makes one: http://matchgrademachine.com/pages.php?pageid=10

All the best,
Glenn

Re: New member (alaska) [message #15693 is a reply to message #15690] Sun, 04 November 2012 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Thanks Glenn I will check em out.

[Updated on: Sun, 04 November 2012 23:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New member (alaska) [message #15700 is a reply to message #15675] Mon, 05 November 2012 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Firedog
Come on in set down and enjoy the company. You will be treated like an old friend here. I am new here as well. Welcome from the northern Ozarks of Missouri.
Mr. Murl

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15724 is a reply to message #15700] Mon, 05 November 2012 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Appreciate it Mr Murl....been waiting around for about 2 years to get a TC and a encore pretty much fell in my lap. I know there is about 1000 possibilities with this gun platform I'm just trying to learn about them all. Like places to get barrels and other cool stuff
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15730 is a reply to message #15724] Mon, 05 November 2012 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Watch the clasified adds on this forum and there are some other forums around also. So far this has been the best one for our kind of stuff. Mind your wallet, this Encore and Contender stuff is addictive and one is never enough. I have a few Contender frames and several barrels and a bunch of Encore barrels but right now only one frame. That too will change one of these days. Good luck in finding what you are looking for. Another great place is Ed's Contenders. He has a bunch of Encore and Contender stuff. I don't know if I am supposed to mention that or not, if not I am sorry.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15733 is a reply to message #15730] Mon, 05 November 2012 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Mr. Murl,
Ed's Contenders is a great place to mention, and is perfectly acceptable on the forum.

I always start my search here. If I can't find it here, I like places like EABCO (a forum sponsor and one of my favorites), Haus of Arms (another forum sponsor), Midway, Gunbroker, GunAuction, and other gun-friendly places. Of course, I'd rather get a deal on a lightly used part here, rather than paying full retail!

I try to use our forum sponsors as much as possible, as they have some really good deals on things. For those items that are hard-to-find, Ed's is usually a good place to start. You are going to have to call him though. Ed doesn't respond to email very often. I've bought from him before, and although the price wasn't stellar, it was the only place in town that had what I wanted.

The only places we would rather not see mentioned here are in the rules - those "historically non-gun friendly auction sites".

All the best,
Glenn

Re: New member (alaska) [message #15735 is a reply to message #15733] Mon, 05 November 2012 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
I appreciate it guys!!!!!!
Re: New member (alaska) [message #15781 is a reply to message #15735] Tue, 06 November 2012 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
Welcome and I think you'll enjoy this site. Mike
Previous Topic: 50 cal Encore
Next Topic: TC Custom Shop????? Has it been Closed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 04:32:13 EDT 2024