Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Tack driving, driving nails, shooting like darts, etc...
Tack driving, driving nails, shooting like darts, etc... [message #7397] Sat, 17 December 2011 23:18 Go to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Does anyone know where the gun terms "Tack driving", "Drives nails", etc... started? Same goes for arrows from a bow. "Flies like darts". Rolling Eyes

I don't know about you, but driving nails and tacks is seldom ever something I do easily. Most of the time my nails want to bend one way or another, unless I'm using a really good framing hammer. Same goes for darts. I like an arrow's flight path way much better than the darts I always see them compared to.

I know, I know - it's just a saying. But the terms really don't tell me what I really want to know about a weapon, and I have seen them used to describe everything from a < MOA shooting firearm to something that just puts the rounds in "minute o' paper plate". Laughing

Just having a little fun tonight and was thinking about this after I just saw my third post today on a bunch of different sites describing the "tack driving" ability of a firearm.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Tack driving, driving nails, shooting like darts, etc... [message #7414 is a reply to message #7397] Sun, 18 December 2011 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Long ago, before there were tanks people drove tacks. When things got realy bad the poor and oppressed would try to get some of their tacky back by taking it from the tacky drivers. Well, it didn't take too many of these attacks for the ticky tacky drivers to get smart and put tack covers over the driver's compartment to protect themseleves, sooooo, the poor oppressed people hired expert marksmen who of course had to be able to shoot a tack driver.

Tack drivers developed a nervous condition (a tic) as a result of these shenannigans which was later called a Tic Tac.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

[Updated on: Sun, 18 December 2011 23:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tack driving, driving nails, shooting like darts, etc... [message #7415 is a reply to message #7414] Mon, 19 December 2011 07:15 Go to previous message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Laughing

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Previous Topic: New and just wanted to say Hello
Next Topic: Hello new to site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 02:11:47 EDT 2024