Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » scope mounts for Encore (not Weaver)
scope mounts for Encore (not Weaver) [message #961] Mon, 18 January 2010 08:31 Go to next message
naturehunter is currently offline  naturehunter
Forum Newbie
HI everyone-

New to this site and new to Encore after owning a Contender for years. Finally saved up for the Encore and got two good barrels over Christmas. Now I am wondering about scope mounts. I am not a fan of Weaver-style mounts. They may work fine, but they don't look solid to me, and psychology is everything.

I've seen TC one-piece steel mounts in the Fox River catalog, but they seem to be for pistol scopes and not rifle scopes (that might be wrong). I've also seen Tally one-piece mounts (aluminum). I like the look of both of these mounts, and wondered if anyone had some advice on them or other non-Weaver mounts for the Encore.

Thanks a bunch for all of your advice!
Re: scope mounts for Encore (not Weaver) [message #962 is a reply to message #961] Mon, 18 January 2010 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

i use the dual dovetail leupold mounts...

love em.
Re: scope mounts for Encore (not Weaver) [message #963 is a reply to message #961] Mon, 18 January 2010 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cavtrooper94 is currently offline  cavtrooper94
Forum Newbie
Your looking for the Talley mounts. I love them. They are simple, rigid, and strong.

SS Encore Black Synthetic Stocks
Realtree Hardwoods Encore 12 ga Turkey
28" .50 cal (Bergara)(Leupold Ultimate Slam Scope)
26" 7mm Rem Mag
26" 22-250 (VX III 4.5-14x40 VH)
15" 308 (Bergara) En Route (VX III 4x)
Re: scope mounts for Encore (not Weaver) [message #966 is a reply to message #963] Mon, 18 January 2010 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hatchieriverboy is currently offline  hatchieriverboy
Forum Newbie
millett are really nice, clean lines too

Never Forget 9/11/01
Re: scope mounts for Encore (not Weaver) [message #970 is a reply to message #966] Wed, 20 January 2010 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naturehunter is currently offline  naturehunter
Forum Newbie
Thanks for the replies!! I will look into all three of these. I assume no problems with recoil in any of these?

thanks again!
Re: scope mounts for Encore (not Weaver) [message #971 is a reply to message #970] Wed, 20 January 2010 15:09 Go to previous message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

i prefer the leupold dual dovetail simply out of principle, to move... something will have to break Smile
Previous Topic: Pro Hunter VS Endeaver Muzzleloader..........
Next Topic: Newby
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 11:06:30 EDT 2024