Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » 300blk encore build (building a 300 blk encore rifle)
Re: 300blk encore build [message #36550 is a reply to message #36549] Sat, 07 February 2015 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
I would LOVE if he did that, I'd gladly buy several. Can it be done in "black"? One I'd like is the super 14 with carbine hole pattern, and the tapered carbine style for full bull barrels (23's). G-2 forends (rifle) are ugly.
Jim
Re: 300blk encore build [message #36554 is a reply to message #36550] Sat, 07 February 2015 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bluefork is currently offline  bluefork
Novice Contributor
Up until a year ago the 3d printing didn't make usable parts. But in the last year they have come out with higher strength material. The material I'm using a type of abs plastic thread. The parts are made solid. (There is no honeycombing on the inside) I don't have access to a contender so I'm not planning on making any parts for that model. I can print them in different colors. Including black.

http://www.makergeeks.com/du4sallmefr3.html

[Updated on: Sat, 07 February 2015 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 300blk encore build [message #36556 is a reply to message #36554] Sat, 07 February 2015 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
If I was to send you an example of each and told you the hole spacing, etc. would you be willing to take a stab at it? I'm thinking 2 or three of each, thjree different forends.
Jim
Re: 300blk encore build [message #36560 is a reply to message #36556] Sat, 07 February 2015 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
To print my parts was $125 just for the material. Designing and modeling them is cad is easy. The cost for production isn't very feasible. If I was to make my stock for production. I would have it made out of alum. I would also have 25 of them made. The cost would be about half.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 February 2015 17:56]

Re: 300blk encore build [message #36682 is a reply to message #36560] Tue, 10 February 2015 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
I got some time in the shop tonight. I made the last part for the stock. I'm going to rework the grip part of the stock. I still need to dye the stock black and anno the alum but it is coming together.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6067&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=6068&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=6069&private=0
Re: 300blk encore build [message #36683 is a reply to message #36682] Tue, 10 February 2015 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
I also got the muzzle break done.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6070&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=6071&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=6072&private=0

Re: 300blk encore build [message #36684 is a reply to message #36683] Tue, 10 February 2015 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
This thing is starting to look pretty sexy.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6073&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=6074&private=0
Re: 300blk encore build [message #36691 is a reply to message #36684] Tue, 10 February 2015 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Did you cut notches on the aluminum so the rear stock could be slid forward or back to adjust pull? Also what keeps the stock from turning on the shaft? Looks pretty cool. Now all it needs is black plastic and a set of rosewood grips. Not sure I care for the style of the grip, but it might be very comfortable when in use. It would just have to be tried. Good job and hurry up and finish it. Pictures man, Pictures.

When I had access to a 3D printer it would only make the hard stuff that did not hold up well to much use. Like you if I had the access now just look out. Back then I could get most anything I could dream up made in the machine shop and welding lab. Just draw it and it got made. Retired and don't have that access anymore. Could still get the stuff done but too far to drive to get it done.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: 300blk encore build [message #36692 is a reply to message #36691] Tue, 10 February 2015 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
The stock if fully adjustable like a m4 style. The alum piece is not a tube. It is a solid 3/4 round bar of alum. It feels very solid. The stock feels really good for argonomics.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2015 10:11]

Re: 300blk encore build [message #36762 is a reply to message #36692] Thu, 12 February 2015 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
It is starting to come together. I just need to figure out what scope to put on it and get a new set of 1911 grips for it. So far I'm pleased with it. I can't wait to shoot it.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6088&private=0
Re: 300blk encore build [message #36763 is a reply to message #36762] Thu, 12 February 2015 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Looks pretty good. Still not sure I like the 1911 style grip, but don't look too bad. For me at least it would take a whole lot getting used to. I love the look of the forearm there. Back before you showed us the first one I had started working on something a little similar but do not have the facilities at hand that you seem to have. Just a band saw and drill press. Keep at it. Looking good.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: 300blk encore build [message #36765 is a reply to message #36763] Thu, 12 February 2015 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Novice Contributor
I just got back from whistlepig shooting. My mini14 got some confirmed kills today. I can't wait until I get my 300 blk done so I can go break it in.
Previous Topic: Ruined barrel lug.
Next Topic: Cut and Recrown a Barrel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 06:09:19 EDT 2024