Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » Trigger Job
Trigger Job [message #14183] Sat, 15 September 2012 14:33 Go to next message
mj30wilson is currently offline  mj30wilson
Forum Newbie
I bought this encore new it is a encore endeavor. Never had problems with trigger but was a bit heavy. So I order up a trigger spring kit. I put in the hd hammer spring,Heavy duty locking bolt spring and #3 trigger sear spring from bellm tc. #1 being the least reduction and #7 being the most reduction. So I thought #3 is happy medium considering I was putting a heavier hammer spring in. My pull was light but would not bump off. I shot it this was for about 3 years 150 rounds black powder no problems. I wanted to install a katahdin barrel and did so in .460 smith and wesson. I took the new barrel after mounting to the range and proceeded to shoot 25 45lc rounds through it. Then it scared the crap right out of me I loaded a round and as I was putting the crosshairs on the target boom! Round discharged. I loaded another and sat their and watched it 10 seconds later boom. Through all of this I am not touching the trigger. I then loaded another round and pushed on the hammer and boom. I figured it must be the trigger sear spring is to light but why did this start after the katahdin barrel install? I have only shot the 45lc in it so far. I went back to my factory trigger sear spring and now I am getting 2 lbs 15 oz with my new gauge with 2 oz variance. The trigger seems just as heavy but the hammer functions normally. Nothing was wrong with the spring from bellm visually. What went wrong?

[Updated on: Sat, 15 September 2012 14:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Trigger Job [message #14198 is a reply to message #14183] Sun, 16 September 2012 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WV338 is currently offline  WV338
Forum Regular
Forum Moderator
Have talked with Mike Bellm about this? I'm sure he'll have some suggestions for you.
Good luck and good shooting...
Greg

Whisper Ventures
355th TFW
Re: Trigger Job [message #14200 is a reply to message #14198] Sun, 16 September 2012 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mj30wilson is currently offline  mj30wilson
Forum Newbie
How do I contact or will he post here?
Re: Trigger Job [message #14201 is a reply to message #14200] Sun, 16 September 2012 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Matthew,
Mike Bellm is the same person who sold you the trigger. You stated that you put in all those parts from "bellm tc", and Mike Bellm is the owner of that outfit. Just in case you misplaced his info, you can reach him here under the "Contact Us" link on the left side of the page:

http://bellmtcs.com/store/

I agree with Greg. As it is a Bellm kit, you should first start with the manufacturer of that kit. He might be able to fix you right up.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Trigger Job [message #14282 is a reply to message #14201] Tue, 18 September 2012 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
polariscountry500 is currently offline  polariscountry500
Novice Contributor
You are getting push off so you have to alter the ledge on the sear so you don't get push off
Re: Trigger Job [message #14284 is a reply to message #14282] Tue, 18 September 2012 11:18 Go to previous message
polariscountry500 is currently offline  polariscountry500
Novice Contributor
Bellm make stones so you can do this along with instructions to do it right. I have done this to both my frames with a number 3 also. Just for piece of mind.
Previous Topic: Contender selection switch
Next Topic: Headspace Issues!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 00:19:20 EDT 2024