Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » Needed Encore Parts (OH NO, the dreaded service department.)
Needed Encore Parts [message #15827] Thu, 08 November 2012 12:55 Go to next message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
After several years of fustration with the old T/C service department, I thought seriously about trying to order parts to do a Pro-Hunter up-gaded on my 10 year old Encore receiver. Last year it took roughly 3 months to get my new, firing pin reciever, pin and spring. That was after being put on hold for sometimes over an hour many times. Then the partial or incomplete order thing. Much bad memories.
I took the plunge after looking up the new service dept phone number. (800 331 0852) Less than 4 min's of hold time and I'm speaking with a gentleman, name of Joe. Gave him my vitals and ordered a new model Pro Hunter hammer, sear, and 2 each of all the springs, along with 3 new desperatly needed receiver pins to hold the goodies in. 10 min's later and he had the stock checked order going out to me for less than $55.00 with shipping.
I could have done a couple of cartwheels of pure joy, right there and then. Not adviseable at 57 years young. Shocked
I had given serious thought of selling all my Encore stuff and going with Ruger last year, but after dealing with the New T/C service at S&W I am staying the course. All this was made possible when I happened on this web site by shear chance. I am now a re-juvinated, and proud T/C owner once again.
Have a fantastic and safe season folks.
Rick kc2htv

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Re: Needed Encore Parts [message #15828 is a reply to message #15827] Thu, 08 November 2012 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
groat is currently offline  groat
That's good to hear never dealt with the sw service yet, oh put that walnut butt stock on this one

enjoy Rick
Re: Needed Encore Parts [message #15836 is a reply to message #15828] Thu, 08 November 2012 16:34 Go to previous message
Wilyote is currently offline  Wilyote
Novice Contributor
I must say, my first Thompson Center 223 barrel experience was similar to yours. When I showed up at the factory in NH to speak with the service dept. directly things took a different twist. I showed them what I thought was wrong and why it wouldn't shoot. When I told them I wasn't satisfied, they gave me a new barrel, not one pulled from some bin. This is the same barrel I have today. I don't do good on phones..waiting an hour would make be butt ugly.. Mad

I had a part made by a machine shop many years ago that extended the unlocking lever to give you more leverage opening the action. The reason for this was my dad's arthritis kept him from shooting. This modification worked great for him but it wasn't cheap. I showed TC a picture and they told me the warranty was void since I modified their gun.

I have not dealt with the "new" TC.. hopefully they are better.

Previous Topic: filling sight holes on encore barrel`
Next Topic: Encore problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:47:54 EDT 2024