Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » 20 ga Slug Barell (Which One?)
20 ga Slug Barell [message #16364] Tue, 27 November 2012 16:17 Go to next message
goinssr is currently offline  goinssr
Novice Contributor
I'm really wanting to add a 20 ga slug barell to the mix and I want some opinions from you that have them. Which one should I get?

Thomson-Center?
Bergara?
EAB?
Re: 20 ga Slug Barell [message #16386 is a reply to message #16364] Wed, 28 November 2012 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
polariscountry500 is currently offline  polariscountry500
Novice Contributor
I have TC 20 ga. Pro hunter barrel. It's shoots very well! Shooting Remington acutips with great results!
Re: 20 ga Slug Barell [message #16419 is a reply to message #16386] Wed, 28 November 2012 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
I've heard some really good stuff about the Remington AcuTips. The Pro Hunter barell is high on the list but I'm a bit leary of a 28" barell. First I don't think they need to be that long to maximize ballistics and second the likelyhood of barell whip concerns me. But it's nice to hear that my concerns may be unfounded.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 November 2012 23:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 20 ga Slug Barell [message #16507 is a reply to message #16419] Sat, 01 December 2012 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Furchaser12 is currently offline  Furchaser12
Forum Newbie
I have a PH 20ga barrel and it likes the Winchester Partion golds. I would have to say that someone would have a very very hard time trying to buy it. I absolutely love this thing. After seeing mine in action I've had a few hunting buddies go out and buy one. And one buddy says its the only thing n his safe that can't be bought. Lol!! I kinda feel that way too.
Re: 20 ga Slug Barell [message #16510 is a reply to message #16507] Sat, 01 December 2012 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kimbo
Forum Regular
Hey Furchaser, totally agree with you. I have used a 12ga. 28" SS PH fluted for the last 6+ yrs. until this past year when I was "LUCKY" enough to pick up a 20ga. PH. As you will see, these 20ga. PH Fully rifled slug barrels are like "gold" and well worth the investment. It is next to impossible to find them used OR new!! Vitually as rare as finding those PH barrels in 22LR. Every once in a while you'll run into a standard 26" but these 28" PH almost never come up for sale. When they do, you will pay a premium $$$$$!
As for ammo, you will see in plenty of my earlier threads that I'm advocate of "LIGHTFIELD - HYBRID 2-3/4 SABOT SLUGS". They are a bit pricey as with any sabot these days but super flat shooting with sub. 1.5"-2" groups at 125 yds. NO problem!! Check out their websight "www.litfld.com". These sabots are absolutely NO BULL and knock them down like a bag of hammers. If you hunt special regulated area's like I do here in Mushroom country (S.E. Pa./Slug Country) - you'll have plenty of meat in the freezer guaranteed! Be sure to sight your gun/scope in per the website instructions.
As for the vendor of choice "www.natchezss.com" down in TN. They are having a blow out sale on these right now. Don't forget to checkout their Nikon refurb's and Leupold blem's/S&D. I'm pretty sure you won't find too many retailers/online sights that will touch their prices. Happy Holidays!! Kimbo
Re: 20 ga Slug Barell [message #16556 is a reply to message #16510] Sun, 02 December 2012 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Looks like the search is on!
Re: 20 ga Slug Barell [message #16603 is a reply to message #16556] Mon, 03 December 2012 16:54 Go to previous message
Novice Contributor
Looks like the search has ended about as fast as it started! NO ONE (distributors) has these in stock! You would think they were gold! Obviously very, very popular.
Previous Topic: Contender won't open w Octagon barrel
Next Topic: Trigger question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:09:49 EDT 2024