Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » flex tech prohunter stock vs endevor
flex tech prohunter stock vs endevor [message #18074] Sat, 12 January 2013 20:09 Go to next message
kindapointless is currently offline  kindapointless
Forum Newbie
Hi all I was just wondering if the pro hunter stock is the same as the endevor stock? I see the endevor stock listed as having the "energy burners". I also found some mention of the endevor energy burners being able to be retrofitted to flex tech stocks? Is this a avenue worth pursuing? The 416 rigby needs as much help as it can get cause after 30 I start getting sore. If it can help me make to 40 rounds in a row it would be worth getting another stock or is this snake oil? Any one ever tried to epoxy a mercury recoil reducer in a flextech?
Re: flex tech prohunter stock vs endevor [message #18080 is a reply to message #18074] Sat, 12 January 2013 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

I used RTV to successfully secure several ounces of lead shot in both the fore-end and thumb-hole stock for my 20ga slug barrel... as it was a nasty critter with the 3" Federal Barnes Expander Sabot Slugs. Made a HUGE difference in the recoil. Also switched to the synthetic thumb-hole stock with the limb-saver recoil pad.

I think this combination of weight and thumb hole stock redirected the vertical-jump recoil in to straight backwards direction with much less kick. It added weight to it, but then again it's not a tennis racquet.

let me know if you want, I should be able to drag it out and snap a couple of photos.
Re: flex tech prohunter stock vs endevor [message #18141 is a reply to message #18080] Sun, 13 January 2013 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
I would love to see how you did that. I have been looking into switching to a traditional wood stock to add some weight to it but I dont really know how much the flex tech stock soaks up. The wieght I would gain from a wood stock might not equal out to the recoil suppression from the flex tech. When I pick up my encore it wieghs considerably less then my cz 550.
Re: flex tech prohunter stock vs endevor [message #18155 is a reply to message #18141] Mon, 14 January 2013 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Admin

I only added weight to the two sections, you could add as much as you want, in as many as you want. I used 7 shot.
I used my wet finger to spread the RTV.

The channels in the forearm make it easy to shape so that it's nowhere near the barrel channel.

Again, without this weight, my 20ga slug barrel shooting the 3" federal barnes expanders is AWFUL.

I didn't take a pic of the butt stock, but I did the same thing underneath the grip cap.

index.php?t=getfile&id=2634&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=2635&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=2636&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=2637&private=0
  • Attachment: IMG_0800.jpg
    (Size: 41.16KB, Downloaded 880 times)
  • Attachment: IMG_0801.jpg
    (Size: 24.92KB, Downloaded 818 times)
  • Attachment: IMG_0802.jpg
    (Size: 22.94KB, Downloaded 896 times)
  • Attachment: IMG_0803.jpg
    (Size: 40.69KB, Downloaded 1797 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 14 January 2013 08:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: flex tech prohunter stock vs endevor [message #18188 is a reply to message #18155] Mon, 14 January 2013 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
Brilliant idea. Thank you for the pictures, im going to go try this out now.
Re: flex tech prohunter stock vs endevor [message #18225 is a reply to message #18188] Tue, 15 January 2013 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Admin

you're welcome.. you'll have to thank my wife as I made her dig out the barrel so I could take a picture.

I plan on doing that with any future barrels that have the same "issue" Smile

post your pics!
Re: flex tech prohunter stock vs endevor [message #21599 is a reply to message #18225] Sat, 13 April 2013 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RD97 is currently offline  RD97
Novice Contributor
Has anyone tried adding weights to the main body of the flextech stock? I just pulled the recoil pad off, and it's hollow on the inside. I was able to pour about one cup of lentils in there before reaching the energy-burners (or whatever they call them). Seems like that would readily accept two or three pounds of lead shot in epoxy, if one were so inclined.
Re: flex tech prohunter stock vs endevor [message #21649 is a reply to message #18074] Mon, 15 April 2013 01:46 Go to previous message
laundryboy is currently offline  laundryboy
Novice Contributor
I have a 460 S&W rifle barrel that I was going to sell because it kicked the snot out of me. (wife called me a wus but she wouldn't shoot it YUK, YUK ,YUK.) but decided to try the flex tech stock first. What a difference, it is now quite tolerable to shoot even with the hot Hornady loads. For what its worth.
Previous Topic: 1" bull barrel with a 3-9x40 scope...will low rings fit?
Next Topic: Breech plug Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 01:28:47 EDT 2024