Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Barrel Storage (How do you store barrels when not in use?)
Re: Barrel Storage [message #6252 is a reply to message #5932] Sat, 01 October 2011 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
redpete is currently offline  redpete
Forum Newbie
I made a couple out of wood...I have a 4 place one hanging with my barrels and here is my extra...

The dados are 3/4" deep, 5/8" wide, 2.5 inches apart and the 1/8 inch groove should be back 1/4" (mine is only 1/8 and it is too close).

index.php?t=getfile&id=827&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 01 October 2011 11:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Barrel Storage [message #7235 is a reply to message #5929] Sun, 11 December 2011 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
polecheck
Forum Newbie
I would like to buy a set of those especially the long wood one. Or if you have the plastic one.

Best to email me at: smgunworks@live.com

Thanks,
Steve-

S&M Outdoor Gunworks
Re: Barrel Storage [message #7296 is a reply to message #7235] Tue, 13 December 2011 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fkleinbu is currently offline  fkleinbu
Forum Newbie
I have the best way to store my T/C and encore barrels.. On a frame.. I found out early on, not every barrel works well with every frame.. Sure you can make any barrel work with any frame, just don’t expect that new or existing barrel you may have to work with one of your existing frames, or frame you just picked up..

Several years ago, I was bragging to a buddy about how well my 17 Remington T/C shot.. Well I had a couple of frames back then, and apparently didn’t take the one frame to the range which worked with that 17 Rem barrel.. Needless to say he ridiculed me quite a bit about this T/C gun which supposedly can shoot different barrels.. From that day on, I have sworn every barrel in my collection will have its own frame..

It has been tough keeping this commitment.. I prefer the last style of frame before the G2 stuff; the one with the rim fire/center fire selector on top of the hammer.. And they are not easy to come by..

I have bought T/C’s at gun shows or on line, just to get the frame - I have a barrel for sale in this forum from a somewhat similar situation.. Although there have been cases where I ended up liking the new barrel so much, I ended up keeping it <grin>..

Sometimes I’ve had to settle for a G2 or one of the older frames.. And I am always looking for frames.. (I need one now actually)..

But I will tell you what.. When you open your safe, and see all of those T/C rifles and pistols all lined up.. It’s almost like heaven..

Flk k

Hey ya'll, Watch this...
Re: Barrel Storage [message #7641 is a reply to message #7296] Tue, 27 December 2011 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FIRERESCUEO2 is currently offline  FIRERESCUEO2
Novice Contributor
Very nice indeed .......
Re: Barrel Storage [message #18640 is a reply to message #7641] Wed, 23 January 2013 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

anyone else doing this?
Re: Barrel Storage [message #18643 is a reply to message #18640] Wed, 23 January 2013 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I am now. Not that I had any problems with rusting in the past, but I like the hanging method much better, as it's easier to see where things are. I bought one of the white plastic ones from a member here, and it works great. Problem is - it's almost full now, so I'd really need another one. I've used it for over a year, and it's really worked well.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Barrel Storage [message #18662 is a reply to message #18643] Wed, 23 January 2013 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
That is nice, and welcome to the site. Mike
Re: Barrel Storage [message #18724 is a reply to message #18662] Fri, 25 January 2013 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Admin

I was also thinking about using wooden pegs, but then they would have to hang sideways... i'll definitely have to hang vertically.
Re: Barrel Storage [message #18940 is a reply to message #5796] Tue, 29 January 2013 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HausRFN is currently offline  HausRFN
Forum Newbie

Hey I just found this site, and saw the racks a few of you had made, anyone making and selling these still?

Re: Barrel Storage [message #18956 is a reply to message #18940] Tue, 29 January 2013 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Admin

I have my dad making me a setup, he's retired, maybe he can make a couple to sell as well
Re: Barrel Storage [message #20346 is a reply to message #18956] Mon, 04 March 2013 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HausRFN is currently offline  HausRFN
Forum Newbie

Sorry, lost the link to this page and been away for a while. Is he making these still? How much? email me @ rossfnelson@gmail.com
Re: Barrel Storage [message #20424 is a reply to message #20346] Wed, 06 March 2013 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Forum Admin

redpete, would you sell a couple?
Previous Topic: Retired
Next Topic: New guy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 21:26:26 EDT 2024