Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » buying advice
buying advice [message #18712] Thu, 24 January 2013 20:00 Go to next message
biggredd1972 is currently offline  biggredd1972
Forum Newbie
I bought and paid(paypal) for a barrel from a member here ,told me he would ship usps with tracking #, but after many attempt to get tracking # he has told me he would text me it tomorrow ,each time tomorrow ,has not sent it yet. It has only been 3or4 days should I be concerned about being scammed because he hasn't done what he said he would about sending tracking #?
Re: buying advice [message #18713 is a reply to message #18712] Thu, 24 January 2013 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
don't be concerned yet, how was it sent? If he did parcel post then he may be waiting for it to show movement. Problem is it may not show movement for a week, like when it starts to your house.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: buying advice [message #18714 is a reply to message #18712] Thu, 24 January 2013 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
He said USPS how it was sent but was sent, but now he says it wasn't sent with tracking like we agreed. So it's a little concerning to me.
Re: buying advice [message #18716 is a reply to message #18714] Thu, 24 January 2013 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I'd wait a little longer before panicking.

This is a perfect example of why I tell people "deal on the boards" instead of behind the scenes via PMs and emails. I just went through your posts, and I didn't see anywhere that you offered to buy a barrel from anyone here.

http://www.encoreclassifieds.com/index.php?t=msg&th=4332 &start=0&

Luckily, you used Payal (I hope you didn't use the gift option, as it leaves you with no protection), so you should be able to get your money back if it doesn't show up in a reasonable time period.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

[Updated on: Thu, 24 January 2013 23:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: buying advice [message #18717 is a reply to message #18716] Thu, 24 January 2013 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

It took 8 days to get a barrel from NY to OH via USPS. I do NOT recommend using USPS unless your going to use priority mail.

As mentioned above, leverage paypal if needed.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 January 2013 23:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: buying advice [message #18718 is a reply to message #18712] Fri, 25 January 2013 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
I'll wait a about another week hopefully all turns out well
I did not use the gift option on PayPal so there is some sort of protection
Re: buying advice [message #18720 is a reply to message #18718] Fri, 25 January 2013 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

BigRed; It took 6 days for a barrel to come from outside of St. Louis in MO. to arrive at my place in the northern Ozarks of Missouri. It took so long to arrive that the tracking number did show up on computer, but that is not often the case that the number will show up before the package using USPS. Don't know about your purchase but I have not had any trouble from anyone on this board. I bought my barrel from a first time poster and the deal was great. Good luck.
Murl

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: buying advice [message #18725 is a reply to message #18720] Fri, 25 January 2013 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
It took over two weeks for a barrel to get from Phoenix, AZ to NW Ga by parcel post - Priority Mail definitely rules Wink In the rush to get a barrel shipped I have forgotten to get the tracking. As long as you insure it though, it is tracked by USPS.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: buying advice [message #18731 is a reply to message #18725] Fri, 25 January 2013 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kindapointless is currently offline  kindapointless
Forum Newbie
I didnt know about the whole "dont use gift option" thing till after I sent money on mine but thankfully contender 222 is a great guy. I was worried bout mine but then the tracking number started working when the barrel was almost to my door. Shipping can be slow or amazingly fast. Parts coming from across my state takes a week but parts from bellmtcs which is across the country took 3 days. I wouldn't fret yet.
Re: buying advice [message #18766 is a reply to message #18731] Sat, 26 January 2013 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
Yep, Parcel post is sloooow, and he probably didn't buy the delivery confirmation option on it. I don't use parcel anymore. Good luck and I hope the barrel shows up soon. Mike
Re: buying advice [message #18775 is a reply to message #18712] Sat, 26 January 2013 12:52 Go to previous message
Forum Newbie
Thanks for all the reply's last I herd it was shipped priority, but no tracking.
Previous Topic: Haus of Arms
Next Topic: How to Post Pics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 19:47:19 EDT 2024