Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Looking at Holsters for Scoped Encore Pistol
Looking at Holsters for Scoped Encore Pistol [message #21086] Mon, 25 March 2013 22:44 Go to next message
hntrtravis is currently offline  hntrtravis
Forum Newbie
I'm looking for Holster Ideas for my scoped TC Encore Pistol. Been seeing quite a few Coyotes when out shed hunting, and I'm looking for something to carry it all day and be comfortable. Something that stays close to my body and won't be flopping around when going up and down hills. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking at Holsters for Scoped Encore Pistol [message #21089 is a reply to message #21086] Tue, 26 March 2013 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
I also have been looking and researching. I'd love to have a custom made holster by Quiethide, but that will have to wait.
Re: Looking at Holsters for Scoped Encore Pistol [message #21099 is a reply to message #21089] Tue, 26 March 2013 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Travis,
To be honest, I don't think you're going to find anything currently on the market that you'll be completely satisfied with. I've been Hunting with my 14" scoped Contenders since 1981, bought numerous holsters in my search, and while several outfits offer holsters for our type od hunting choices, they all have their flaws. About 1984 I designed and had "custom modified" my own design that has worked out pretty well for me. I based it on surplus military load-bearing (LC-1) ("Alice") gear, and modified a CHEAP shoulder rig that Kolpin quickly dis-continued. I have a new design in mind that my wife may be able to help me with based on a load-bearing "military-style" vest, and a holster I recently found on an auction site that I believe may well work as well, or perhaps even better since it accommodates a Contender/encore with a scope and up to a 16" barrel, since I have two custom barrels in the works, both 16's.
One problem with most available shoulder rigs is the time and difficulty in making adjustments for clothing changes---adjustments required for going from "t-shirt" weather to
-20 weather, and conditions in between.It usually takes multiple tries to get everything adjusted "just right". I want 10 seconds or less, and not require an army of help from others in the process. BTW, avoid anything that uses Velcro for anything. Catches debris, and makes too much noise when used in the field.
Jim
Re: Looking at Holsters for Scoped Encore Pistol [message #21103 is a reply to message #21099] Tue, 26 March 2013 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
I was going to send you the link to Quiethide holsters but it is down. I'm wondering if Dave suspended operations. If he did that is truely sad as he produced a first rate product at a reasonable price.
Re: Looking at Holsters for Scoped Encore Pistol [message #21113 is a reply to message #21103] Tue, 26 March 2013 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mjgonehunting is currently offline  mjgonehunting
Forum Regular
I really like my Bandito rig that I bought from Fox Ridge before they closed.
It's made by Pistol Packaging,who are still in business.
I change out the holster for my Encore/Contender or for my Super Red Hawk.
The only issue I have is that i need to be sure to wear a collar type shirt to keep it from rubbing my neck from time to time when moving around.
Re: Looking at Holsters for Scoped Encore Pistol [message #21125 is a reply to message #21113] Wed, 27 March 2013 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HHI6818 is currently offline  HHI6818
Novice Contributor
I purchased one of these

http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/364607 7864/m/7000083956?r=5240014956#5240014956
Re: Looking at Holsters for Scoped Encore Pistol [message #21413 is a reply to message #21125] Sun, 07 April 2013 15:00 Go to previous message
Deezil is currently offline  Deezil
Novice Contributor
cant view that site, but curious about holsters too
Previous Topic: You Might As Well Laugh About It
Next Topic: What's your handle mean? (OK, I'm old, screen name)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 06:38:34 EDT 2024