Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Photos » photo upload
photo upload [message #21123] Wed, 27 March 2013 14:05 Go to next message
wwkmag is currently offline  wwkmag

Can someone tell us how to upload photos on this site? Thank you, WWKMAG
Re: photo upload [message #21519 is a reply to message #21123] Wed, 10 April 2013 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HHI6818 is currently offline  HHI6818
Novice Contributor
You will need a hosting site. I use hunt101.com. Create user account (free) then upload pictures to your account. Then you copy/paste image url here.

Re: photo upload [message #21522 is a reply to message #21519] Wed, 10 April 2013 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Yep. I use Photobucket. It's free too. Copy and paste from the site after uploading your photos.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: photo upload [message #21530 is a reply to message #21522] Thu, 11 April 2013 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
How Do i post a pic in my thread? (Copied from Specialty Pistols site)

Goto Photobucket at www.photobucket.com , it's free...

1. REGISTER

2. LOGIN

3. Have your image stored on your hard drive.

4. Tap the 'BROWSE' button in Photobucket one time

5. Go to the directory on your hard drive where the image is stored.

6. Double click the image file name.

7. The name should show up on Photobucket in the 'PICTURE' window.

8. Press the 'UPLOAD' button once.

9. The image should then be below on the page.

10. For posting to a forum go to the 'IMG CODE' below the picture of your choice.

11. Place your cursor on the text 'IMG CODE' and tap the mouse one time which will turn the box background blue.

12. While it is now white lettering with a blue background press the right mouse button and select 'COPY'.

13. Open up a new post on the Forum or respond to an existing one.

14. Place your cursor in the dialogue box (area where you type your text)

15. Press the right mouse button and select 'PASTE'.

16. The whole image title should be in the dialogue box with the brackets [] and "img" at the first of the string and brackets [] with "/img" between them at the end of the string.

17. If you submit now you will have just your image. Now is the time to add your text without disrupting the format of the pasted image.

18. If your image is much to large you can go back to Photobucket and use their "EDIT" button to resize your image or you can go back to your own photo editor for a resize and resubmit the image.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

[Updated on: Thu, 11 April 2013 09:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: photo upload [message #36779 is a reply to message #21530] Fri, 13 February 2015 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
The best method to load pics from a "New Thread" is

1) Open a New Thread --- and you should get this:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6097&private=0

2) Now, right in the middle is the attachment section:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6098&private=0

3) Click on the Choose files and pick all of the pictures you want to include in the thread

4) Then click on Upload File. Once that is done, you'll see this
index.php?t=getfile&id=6100&private=0

5) Now, type in your text for the posting. Enter a blank line to follow where you want the picture and just click on "Insert image into message body". The reason to go to a new line is to keep all the text together.

At any rate, if you do it this way the text will look like this:
index.php?t=getfile&id=6101&private=0

And the thread will look like what you're reading now.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: photo upload [message #36781 is a reply to message #36779] Fri, 13 February 2015 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
To add pictures to an existing thread is easy....

1) Type in your message, then hit "Preview Quick Reply"
2) Follow the directions given above Wink

Re: photo upload [message #36786 is a reply to message #36781] Fri, 13 February 2015 14:38 Go to previous message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Notice that it tells you the Pix size in KB or MB. Keep them under 180 KB and you won';t have monster 1/2 hr to scroll pix. If they are over 180KB, DO NOT click on "insert image into message body". They'll still list in the message as click-ons, still viewable but won't blast the message body so the Bible sized message becomes a big long one-liner. And please, click "preview message" and look at it before "create topic" or "apply message changes". Below it you can still edit, preview again over and aver until it comes out like you want.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 February 2015 14:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Encore Pro Hunter with MGM 7mm-08 Barrel
Next Topic: The JG quiz and look what I found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 15:53:39 EDT 2024