Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » .19 badger
.19 badger [message #21446] Mon, 08 April 2013 17:30 Go to next message
labrunner is currently offline  labrunner
Forum Newbie
What manufacturers other than calhoon has 19 badger barrels. I have tried pac-nor and a few others. It seems that no one offers them. Calhoon seems to want to sell a whole rifle and doesn't seem to want to machine a contender or encore barrel.

Aim small, Miss small
Re: .19 badger [message #21448 is a reply to message #21446] Mon, 08 April 2013 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
you might inquire with him about stubbing a barrel with one of eagleview's barrel stubbing kits, or simply get a generic barrel from him and have D&T do the stubbing for you.
biggest problem is finding a source for a 19 Caliber barrel blank. Once stubbed, someone may charge for a reamer+ to chamber it.
Jim
Re: .19 badger [message #21598 is a reply to message #21448] Sat, 13 April 2013 17:11 Go to previous message
Wilyote is currently offline  Wilyote
Novice Contributor
I would be inclined to say NO when you mention Eagle View. Unless they changed to using donor frames rather than manufacturing their own Encore lugs, I was not very pleased with the look of their weld procedures on the Encores. .... They have a website. Another option would be David White who uses donor frames and does a beautiful job stubbing barrels.. (see his web site).
Just my 2 cents

[Updated on: Sat, 13 April 2013 17:13]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Encore Aftermarket Stock Fit
Next Topic: stock dimensions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:05:37 EDT 2024