Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Increase trigger weight, contender
Increase trigger weight, contender [message #21927] Sun, 28 April 2013 23:48 Go to next message
Spokerider is currently offline  Spokerider
Forum Newbie
How do I increase the trigger weight on a G1 contender frame?

She's a tad light for hunting with.

Thanks.
Re: Increase trigger weight, contender [message #21928 is a reply to message #21927] Mon, 29 April 2013 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
On the site home page you will find a tab for Encore Manuals. Open it and inside you will find the Contender Schematics. It will give you all kinds of great info in PDF format... The how to, on trigger weight is in the beginning of the manual... Hope this helps...
Rick kc2htv

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Re: Increase trigger weight, contender [message #21931 is a reply to message #21928] Mon, 29 April 2013 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
If it's really light check the spring, many of us found that you could cut them and get a very light trigger pull. Contact S&W to get a replacement either way, the new one should be stiffer.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Increase trigger weight, contender [message #21969 is a reply to message #21931] Wed, 01 May 2013 11:12 Go to previous message
Spokerider is currently offline  Spokerider
Forum Newbie
Thanks. I'll look into it.
Previous Topic: triggers
Next Topic: Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:13:36 EDT 2024