Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Encore Thumbhole Stocks
Encore Thumbhole Stocks [message #22367] Thu, 23 May 2013 14:39 Go to next message
WFGinNM is currently offline  WFGinNM
Forum Newbie
What are some of your experiences with Thumbhole stocks? What are some of the pro's and con's between Boyd's and EABCO?

Thanks,
--Bill
Re: Encore Thumbhole Stocks [message #22376 is a reply to message #22367] Fri, 24 May 2013 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

I have the plastic flex tech.. love it. here is a blog post I did about it - http://www.encoreclassifieds.com/using-lead-shot-to-reduce-r ecoil-on-thompson-center-encore-forearm/
Re: Encore Thumbhole Stocks [message #22377 is a reply to message #22376] Fri, 24 May 2013 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Besides the factory TC thumbhole stocks sold by EABCO, they do not list the brand of the stock they are selling. The wood ones from EABCO do not look like Boyds because the back of the grip has a toe to it, whereas the Boyds Sterling stock does not. Look at the Boyds stock and you will see the grip area just kind of melts into the stock as it flows to the rear. The EABCO one does not. It's got a sharp drop squared off area on the rear of the grip. It could just be the picture though, as EABCO does not specify. It does look like the ones I've purchased from Stocky's though. It has the same grip.

I've owned Boyds and also Stocky's. Both are equally comfortable and performed their job well. However, grip size does vary, as well as a slight bit of grip angle.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Encore Thumbhole Stocks [message #22380 is a reply to message #22377] Fri, 24 May 2013 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
I've had the wood and synthetics and the wood sure is alot prettier but I prefer the syn. as they are lighter to carry, I paint them with a texturized paint and it make them more functional and a look some what nicer. Mike
Re: Encore Thumbhole Stocks [message #22388 is a reply to message #22367] Fri, 24 May 2013 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
Its all good. Butttt, I just received my new stock set from Dr.Tony G. yesterday... The lead time for his work is around 4 to 5 months. The grip, drop and lop are all measured. When I put this up to my shoulder this morning I did not have to tilt my head or go back and forth for a perfect site picture, it was just there.
I have a grip set on order for my contender pistol and can hardly wait. I have also had TC custom shop sets, Revolution and others. I like the Revolution second to this set here for hunting. I would rate Tony's work a 9 of 10 and his prices are the best around for this sort of hardware.
Rick

index.php?t=getfile&id=3482&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=3483&private=0

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Re: Encore Thumbhole Stocks [message #22395 is a reply to message #22388] Fri, 24 May 2013 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WV338 is currently offline  WV338
Forum Regular
Forum Moderator
Has anyone ever used a Revolution Stock sold by USA Rifle Stocks? They make them in left hand and that meets my needs.
Thanks...

Whisper Ventures
355th TFW
Re: Encore Thumbhole Stocks [message #22397 is a reply to message #22395] Sat, 25 May 2013 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
Greg: I have a right hand set, that I bought 2 years ago. Mine are the buck skin in thumb hole... The cheek riser is a bit high but does line up for a nice line thru the scope. I wish I had bought the amibidextrious as Ricky is a lefty. The only glitch I had was the forend. I had to do a bit of trim work to clear the receiver. All in all they are a step above the old tc custom stocks IMHO. Stocky's has a great selection of them in stock.
Rick

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Re: Encore Thumbhole Stocks [message #22428 is a reply to message #22397] Tue, 28 May 2013 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
Thanks for the input guys. Rick that stock from Dr. Tony G is very nice. Glenn, I hadn't noticed that difference between the Boyd's and Eabco's I'll check them out again. Also I will look into the other brands mentioned.

Thanks again,

--Bill
Re: Encore Thumbhole Stocks [message #22429 is a reply to message #22428] Tue, 28 May 2013 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
When I looked at the Revolution site it directs you to different dealers to purchase. Looks like the EABCO are Revolution stocks?

--Bill
Re: Encore Thumbhole Stocks [message #22431 is a reply to message #22429] Tue, 28 May 2013 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WV338 is currently offline  WV338
Forum Regular
Forum Moderator
$146.24 at USA Rifle Stocks. It's a two piece set.

Whisper Ventures
355th TFW
Re: Encore Thumbhole Stocks [message #22576 is a reply to message #22431] Thu, 06 June 2013 17:05 Go to previous message
Forum Newbie
Thanks guys, I ordered the Revolution stock from USA Rifle. Working on building a .50 Muzzleloader, next on the list is a Barrel.

--Bill
Previous Topic: Muzzle Loader Lunch
Next Topic: My cousin/brother has passed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 22:11:36 EDT 2024