Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » My cousin/brother has passed
My cousin/brother has passed [message #22453] Thu, 30 May 2013 10:22 Go to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

I am sure that I have mentioned on here or at least in some messages of my cousin who was battling cancer. Yesterday afternoon he gave up the fight and passed away quietly. We grew up more as brothers than just cousins. Even in the later years after family and work; we had become much closer again. For the last three years we were planning a prairie dog hunt, and for some reason or another I could not make the trip. Last fall we were planning a fall trip and then he could not go due to the cancer and chemo. We had planned all winter and I had gotten an invitation from a family in South Dakota for a hunt on their property. One whole section of prairie dogs. The hunt was planned for the middle of next month. I think that myself and a mutual friend of the both of us will go ahead with the trip now due to his passing. I plan on taking one of his guns up there with us and using it to kill some dogs. Both our friend and I will use it in his honor. To those that were aware of the health of my cousin and had expressed caring, thank you for your thoughts and prayers for him.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: My cousin/brother has passed [message #22457 is a reply to message #22453] Thu, 30 May 2013 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
Mr.Murl My condolences and deepest sympathy on your bro's passing. Do the hunt with all the relish that you would have, had he gone with you... He will truly be there with you, this I believe...
God Bless
Rick

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Re: My cousin/brother has passed [message #22463 is a reply to message #22457] Fri, 31 May 2013 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Rick; thanks a lot. I thought this would be a great tribute to Bob. I don't know what his family will want to do with his guns. There are a couple that I would like to have but don't have the money to buy them. I will probably offer to bring them home with me and sell them in the shop on consignment. I know that Bob had several nice guns. I may offer some of them on a couple of forums that I visit. They are none of them T/C stuff, but might post them here in the non - T/C section. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. He fought a valiant fight, but in the end it was just too much for him. RIP

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: My cousin/brother has passed [message #22469 is a reply to message #22463] Fri, 31 May 2013 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
I'm sure sorry to hear that he passed Murl. Go kill some dogs for him and i'm sure he'll be smiling down on ya. Mike
Re: My cousin/brother has passed [message #22597 is a reply to message #22469] Fri, 07 June 2013 08:33 Go to previous message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

I'm terribly sorry. I lost my brother Dec 4th 2011. He was drinking and driving, ended up swerving off the road, bad things happened. 4 days before his 36th birthday.

It changed my life, literally. I began to feel feelings that I'd never felt before, think about things I'd never though about before. Counseling has helped greatly.

I hope your mourning passes quick, and you're able to focus on the great times that you had together.
Previous Topic: Encore Thumbhole Stocks
Next Topic: Dilemas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 20:30:09 EDT 2024