Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Newbie to forum
Newbie to forum [message #24189] Thu, 12 September 2013 06:41 Go to next message
Termite54 is currently offline  Termite54
Forum Newbie
Hello everyone. I am new here and new to Thompson. I just purchased from gunbroker, and haven't received yet a
Thompson 357 mag pistol. I am not sure, but believe it is first issue. Can you still get parts for these guns?
Are they accurate? How can I tell which generation?
Thank you,
Bubby
Re: Newbie to forum [message #24191 is a reply to message #24189] Thu, 12 September 2013 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Welcome Termite;
Quick before you ever fondle; I mean handle that Contender just send it on to me. It will save you many dollars. As you will find out they are very addicting and the wallet starts to go flat as soon as you shoot it the first time.
The first Contender I bought was in 1968 and it is still way more accurate than I am. If you do your part they are really hard to beat. The many barrels and configurations of these wonderful firearms is something to behold. You will be hooked the moment you first shoot it. The fun factor is way up there also. Enjoy and pictures are always good.
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new Contender and the addiction.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Newbie to forum [message #24213 is a reply to message #24191] Thu, 12 September 2013 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Welcome to the forum. You can find pics of the different generations here to help you identify which gen you have and whether the frame is an easy open one or not:
http://www.encoreclassifieds.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&t h=5094&goto=18559&#msg_18559

Plenty of well versed subject matter experts on here, so someone should be along soon to help further with Contender questions. I'm an Encore guy myself, so I'm not much help with Contenders.

Limited parts are available aftermarket through places like Numrich, and I believe Thompson Center still stocks parts as well. Plenty of barrels and grips in our classifieds for all generations of Contenders.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Newbie to forum [message #24216 is a reply to message #24213] Fri, 13 September 2013 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Termite54 is currently offline  Termite54
Forum Newbie
Thanks, for the replies.

Bubby
Re: Newbie to forum [message #24224 is a reply to message #24216] Fri, 13 September 2013 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
Welcome Gilbert, I think you'll like it here, a lot of great guys. Mike
Re: Newbie to forum [message #24402 is a reply to message #24224] Tue, 24 September 2013 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

welcome aboard, some awesome folks here, along with the best mod's on the web Wink
Re: Newbie to forum [message #24405 is a reply to message #24402] Tue, 24 September 2013 21:29 Go to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Glad to have you on, sorry for your new addiction Wink

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Previous Topic: Forum post update or price change
Next Topic: Classifieds observation.....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 10:32:51 EDT 2024