Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » TC Prohunter 12 ga Turkey Choke ????????
TC Prohunter 12 ga Turkey Choke ???????? [message #26736] Sat, 21 December 2013 18:05 Go to next message
Gunnutz79 is currently offline  Gunnutz79
I have just acquired a TC Prohunter 12 ga turkey gun.
Can someone tell me which aftermarket Turkey Choke will fit and if by using which is the better brand?

Thanks
Mark

“Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭143:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Re: TC Prohunter 12 ga Turkey Choke ???????? [message #26745 is a reply to message #26736] Sun, 22 December 2013 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mjgonehunting is currently offline  mjgonehunting
Forum Regular
I'm not sure whose thread pattern TC uses,but I have had good luck in other guns with several different brands.
You really need to try several and decide which pattern you like.
My turkey guns like different loads with different tubes.
Don't forget that a tight dense pattern is great at longer ranges,but at close range it makes it harder to hit with because the pattern is so tight!
I have a Mossberg 835 that shoots around 60+ pellets in the kill zone at 55-60 yards but shoots a fist size pattern at 15-20 yards.removes the turkeys head completely at 12 yards! Makes for some messy photos!
That is with Winchester Supreme High Velocity 2oz #5 31/2" loads.
A small change like a different brand of ammo or even a slightly smaller shot weight in the same brand and it's pattern changes drastically.
Experiment!
Try different combos with 1 tube,and figure out what it likes,then buy another tube,try the same combos and pick which you like best for your situation.
That's the nice thing about sites like this,you can swap and trade the unwanted tubes once you find one you like best!
Re: TC Prohunter 12 ga Turkey Choke ???????? [message #26746 is a reply to message #26745] Sun, 22 December 2013 07:02 Go to previous message
DaddyPaul is currently offline  DaddyPaul
Mine uses the Winchoke/Invector (not Plus/Mossberg 500 chokes. A Rhino .660 and Hevi 13 is brutal on birds for me.
Previous Topic: new vs old Encore ML barrel opinions
Next Topic: Encore Barrel adapters???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 17:30:01 EDT 2024