Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » New Guy Question on Frames
New Guy Question on Frames [message #2756] Thu, 30 December 2010 21:47 Go to next message
wolverine is currently offline  wolverine
Novice Contributor
I bought an Encore frame from a private party seller at the local gun show. No paperwork involved. My question is, how do I know if I bought a handgun frame or a rifle frame. Have seen there is some concern in what barrels can be put on certain frames. Didn't know there was any problem mounting pistol barrel and furniture on any frame until I saw it mentioned on this forum.Thanks
Re: New Guy Question on Frames [message #2757 is a reply to message #2756] Thu, 30 December 2010 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

I mount pistol barrels to my rifle frame, and vice versa. I'm not concerned about BATF knocking down my door to run the serial on my fame to determine weather or not it was originally a rifle or pistol.

Chalk it up the same chance I take when I drive 66MPH in the 65MPH zone Smile
Re: New Guy Question on Frames [message #2767 is a reply to message #2757] Sat, 01 January 2011 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolverine is currently offline  wolverine
Novice Contributor
I have the same view. Was just curious, thanks.
Re: New Guy Question on Frames [message #2771 is a reply to message #2767] Sat, 01 January 2011 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Call T/C. They can tell you.
All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: New Guy Question on Frames [message #2864 is a reply to message #2771] Fri, 07 January 2011 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uncle joe is currently offline  uncle joe
Forum Newbie
I think I'm going to like this place. Almost hit the back button when I saw the topic because I thought I was going to read how the poster was going to get tarred, feathered hung from his hoo-hoo and then thrown in jail for life.
nice to see some common sense people on a gun forum for a change.
Re: New Guy Question on Frames [message #2893 is a reply to message #2864] Sun, 09 January 2011 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doublec is currently offline  doublec
Forum Newbie
uncle joe wrote on Fri, 07 January 2011 14:05
I think I'm going to like this place. Almost hit the back button when I saw the topic because I thought I was going to read how the poster was going to get tarred, feathered hung from his hoo-hoo and then thrown in jail for life.
nice to see some common sense people on a gun forum for a change.

Agreed!!
Re: New Guy Question on Frames [message #2894 is a reply to message #2893] Sun, 09 January 2011 16:08 Go to previous message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

thats why i started it Smile
Previous Topic: New member, questions
Next Topic: Hello
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 04:25:20 EDT 2024