Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Latest changes here
Latest changes here [message #29655] Thu, 13 March 2014 10:01 Go to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
The recent changes we've been seeing are the result of Glenn taking some suggestions, and doing the implementation, as well as ferreting out all the posts that were incorporated. This could NOT have been a small undertaking. He's put out a LOT of work and devotion. I for one, think we OWE him one HUGE round of applause, a case of beer, and a nice dinner out for him and his family. His family sacrificed a good deal of Husband, and Dad time, besides what Glenn personally put in doing the real work. If anyone disagrees, remember I own a gun Laughing Twisted Evil

Jim
Re: Latest changes here [message #29664 is a reply to message #29655] Thu, 13 March 2014 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WV338 is currently offline  WV338
Forum Regular
Forum Moderator
Thanks for the Ataboy for Glen. He does an outstanding job and is very dedicated to the site. I have received many compliments about how well this site is managed and Glen is a huge reason for the success.
Thank You Glen!!!!

Whisper Ventures
355th TFW
Re: Latest changes here [message #29666 is a reply to message #29655] Thu, 13 March 2014 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Yes Thank you Glenn, for all the work and dedication that you have put into the forum as well as all the work you do for individuals, like me. I really do appreciate the efforts of all who are dedicated to this forum, but Glenn sure seems to stand out. Thank You
Murl

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Latest changes here [message #29669 is a reply to message #29666] Thu, 13 March 2014 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/cajuntec/blushingturkey_zps1578c369.jpg

Aww shucks. Thanks guys. Greatly appreciate the kind comments.

Jim - Glad you are enjoying the changes. Thank you for the suggestions. Eric did a lot of the admin work to add them and reorganize after the staff fielded it in a short discussion this week.

We have a great site owner who has trusted us and given us leeway in running the site. He built a great site from the very start, and does a fantastic job of implementing requests from the moderators and/or members. He's the guy that understands the complete administration side of running this site and has trusted me to not break anything under the hood while giving me the full tool chest and telling me it's ok to play around and see how things work.

Eric built a Moderator Chat section at the top of this site, and awesome mods like WV338 and Crubear join Eric and I in fielding ideas and talking through issues. It's been a great tool that has allowed us to give the members what they need and want, while keeping the reins on issues that could affect the site negatively if we don't keep them at bay.

We have a fantastic membership here. Most have taken the time to read all of the forum rules in the highlighted section above each selling sub-forum, and for the most part, everyone is abiding by them. That makes our jobs as moderators much easier, and is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your contributions to this site. From moderators to active members with great ideas, we are all doing our best to make this an enjoyable site.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

[Updated on: Thu, 13 March 2014 12:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Latest changes here [message #29674 is a reply to message #29669] Thu, 13 March 2014 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
^^x2

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Latest changes here [message #29682 is a reply to message #29674] Thu, 13 March 2014 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

Thanks guys, but the thank you goes to the great members and moderators of this site. Thanks again!
Re: Latest changes here [message #29685 is a reply to message #29682] Thu, 13 March 2014 17:03 Go to previous message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Eric,
Without you taking the intitiative to start this site in the first place, there wouldn't have been any moderators or members using, much less helping to build it into the site it is today. And I, for one see it getting even better with each passing minute.
Jim
Previous Topic: Thompson Center No Longer?
Next Topic: High School Girls Basketball
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 01:07:05 EDT 2024