Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » 20ga slug barrel?
20ga slug barrel? [message #29840] Sun, 16 March 2014 22:10 Go to next message
JakeT is currently offline  JakeT
Forum Newbie
I recently picked up a 20ga slug barrel for my encore at my LGS. Its the pro hunter stainless.
They weren't sure when they got it in but they thought it had been sitting in the back for a while.
I heard that those barrels were made for tc over in Italy. My dad has one from quite a few years ago and his has Rochester NH stamped on it. Mine has Springfield MA on it. I know that means mine Was made after the s&w buy out.
Just wondering if anyone knows if mine was made by the same company as the ones stamped Rochester?
Re: 20ga slug barrel? [message #29843 is a reply to message #29840] Sun, 16 March 2014 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
factory, machinery, and some emplyees moved to Springfield. It's debatable if it's the same company. S&W say it is, but........ The Italy story was just that--a fabricated story. S&W is a public traded company. That usually means the beancounters make the major decisions.
Jim
Re: 20ga slug barrel? [message #30055 is a reply to message #29843] Mon, 24 March 2014 09:25 Go to previous message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

I have a 20ga barrel that shoots like a laser... kicks like a mule to...

here is what I did to give it a sweeter personality

http:// www.encoreclassifieds.com/using-lead-shot-to-reduce-recoil-o n-thompson-center-encore-forearm

[Updated on: Mon, 24 March 2014 09:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Sights for ML
Next Topic: INTEREST: Encore Rifle Barrel 30 Cal Small Capacity Case
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 01:25:47 EDT 2024