Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » "That" question - The one about swapping pistol / rifle barrels on frames
icon4.gif  "That" question - The one about swapping pistol / rifle barrels on frames [message #30360] Thu, 03 April 2014 19:02
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
This question comes up periodically. Answers range from "How will they know?" (Which is actually a good point) Very Happy to "My brothers best friends cousin on another site was told about this letter from the ATF that says...." (Groan) Rolling Eyes

Here is the answer on here:

We avoid these conversations on here, as it always turns into a legal discussion that nobody can agree on. The site owner also doesnt want legal discussions here, as we aren't lawyers, ATF agents, etc...

There are many other places that give legal advice, point to various letters from the ATF (conflicting I might add), etc... We won't post those here because it never fully resolves the question, as we simply can't prove 100% that it is set in stone one way or another.

Safest course of action is to check with the ATF for yourself so that you have a letter from them addressed to you.

I'm closing this discussion as I don't want it to turn into the legal back and forth that it always ends up being.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

[Updated on: Thu, 03 April 2014 19:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Something Good Is Happening....
Next Topic: Encore part suppliers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 01:49:21 EDT 2024