Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Storing Ammo
Storing Ammo [message #3151] Wed, 26 January 2011 21:57 Go to next message
MasonH is currently offline  MasonH
Novice Contributor
Most hunting rifles are magazine fed, but the single shot encore/contenders obviously are not. how does everyone store extra ammo, in their pockets? i don't care for those buttstock ammo sleeves, but it seems like the only legitamate option for a hunting encore/contender. what are you guys doing?
Re: Storing Ammo [message #3153 is a reply to message #3151] Wed, 26 January 2011 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I carry one of those little pocket pouches with the individual cartridge holders on the inside. I think the one I have holds about a dozen rounds in two rows of 6. I'd have to look. I didn't get a shot this year, so I had no need to go into my extra rounds. Sad

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: Storing Ammo [message #3160 is a reply to message #3153] Thu, 27 January 2011 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom in Arizona is currently offline  Tom in Arizona
Forum Newbie
Those cheap elastic butt stock sleves work really well if you cut them down to 2-4 cartridge lengths then just wear it on your wrist.

There are a bunch of belts, sleves and pouches that have cartridge loops and most work pretty well. I have used most and no special preference, just pick one that seem convenient for you at the time.

Tom
Re: Storing Ammo [message #3162 is a reply to message #3151] Thu, 27 January 2011 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SingleShot is currently offline  SingleShot
Forum Newbie
Nothing I shot required a follow up shot this year but last year I learned my lesson about carrying my follow up in my pocket (cost me my quarry).

I slit two small openings in my outer vest that is required for big game (blaze orange) in the perfect position on my left chest that holds my quick follow up. I then had the wife sew the holes up like a button hole to keep the fabric from tearing and to hold the cartridge securely.

It's So Much better than digging around in the bottom of pockets. I seen the same thing done on gloves/wrists but when you break open the gun after a shot the extra is right there, within inches, to reload.
Re: Storing Ammo [message #3175 is a reply to message #3162] Fri, 28 January 2011 20:20 Go to previous message
Encore28 is currently offline  Encore28
Novice Contributor
I use the T/C silicone forend shell holder(That holds 2 shells)and I keep one shell in each pant pocket(so they do not clang together) and one in the chute-----------5 shells should be enough.

Encore28
Previous Topic: Hinge Pin, how hard should it be to put in?
Next Topic: Finally had a chance to shoot new Encore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 12:06:40 EDT 2024