Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » TC Customer Service
TC Customer Service [message #16869] Tue, 11 December 2012 09:24 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Bought a forend a short while ago that didn't have any screws. Contacted TC Customer Support through the (new to me) live chat option. Best customer support call I've ever been part of. No translation problems or misunderstandings. Rachel was great to work with.

...and they're sending the screws at no charge. Very Happy

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2013 09:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TC Customer Service [message #17850 is a reply to message #16869] Sun, 06 January 2013 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trueshot is currently offline  trueshot
Forum Newbie
Same here, first rate service. same deal, screws at no charge.
Re: TC Customer Service [message #17933 is a reply to message #17850] Wed, 09 January 2013 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maustypsu is currently offline  maustypsu
Forum Newbie
TC's customer service has not suffered at all from the merger with S&W beyond the fact that the Custom Shop was closed down.

I had an old R55 Classic .22. T/C never really figured out the extraction on their .22's so when I had problems they couldn't fix them. So for my $200 .22 they offered me my choice of brand new firearms: encore, venture, etc. with very few restrictions on only the most in-demand configurations.

It was SUPER smooth - no raised voices, claims that it was my fault or delays. This was Oct/Nov or so of 2012 so any "new" S&W rules would likely have been in place. I guess S&W realizes that they didn't just buy a gun maker. They bought a BRAND and plan to stand behind it.
Re: TC Customer Service [message #18064 is a reply to message #17933] Sat, 12 January 2013 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oneshot3 is currently offline  oneshot3
Forum Newbie
i have a 5 digit contender that had the old sliding safety, it fell apart years ago ,i finally got around to sending it to tc as the trigger pull continued to get lighter and lighter over the years, tc installed the new hammer and safety new sear basicly a new action, did not charge me a penny even paid shipping, my very favorite gun company now and forever

Re: TC Customer Service [message #18067 is a reply to message #18064] Sat, 12 January 2013 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
did they replace the whole trigger housing group converting it to "easy-open" as well? You'd notice that the "hinge" point moved from near the front of the trigger guard to just over the trigger. If they did, did they just leave the former hinge pin hole?
When did you send it back, recently?
Jim
Re: TC Customer Service [message #23978 is a reply to message #18067] Thu, 29 August 2013 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dima is currently offline  Dima
Novice Contributor
We've had excellent luck with T/C customer service.
Re: TC Customer Service [message #31589 is a reply to message #23978] Mon, 02 June 2014 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corgiman is currently offline  corgiman
Forum Newbie
Two recent negative experiences for me with T/C customer service.

My swing hammer ... the part that is moveable .. broke ... T/C did not have a replacement in stock ... so I have an unusable firearm until the backorder is filled.

I asked them for a Speed Breech 3 for my new barrel ... again not in stock and had to be backordered.

Each are small parts likely often needed .... should be a big stock for instant replacement.
Re: TC Customer Service [message #31598 is a reply to message #31589] Mon, 02 June 2014 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
I've had excellent luck, until I needed a replacement locking lug. Been waiting since October

Going for attempt #3 when things quiet down here

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

[Updated on: Mon, 02 June 2014 16:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TC Customer Service [message #32332 is a reply to message #31598] Mon, 21 July 2014 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rchatting is currently offline  rchatting
Forum Regular
I have had good customer on both TC products and S&W. I love the fact they pay shipping both ways. They have had the back order issue on a couple of items. But if you are patient, it will show up. So far, it hasn't been an issue as I have several other firearms to keep me entertained while waiting. Smile
Re: TC Customer Service [message #32612 is a reply to message #32332] Thu, 07 August 2014 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Apparently the trick is to call.... Wink Talked to a service rep today and the part is on the way, no charge. (I'm thinking I need to re prioritize some things since I haven't been out shooting at all this year).

Re: TC Customer Service [message #32920 is a reply to message #32612] Thu, 28 August 2014 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HiPlainsDrifter is currently offline  HiPlainsDrifter
Forum Newbie
TC Customer Service has been a nightmare for me.

I sent my 2.5x-7x recoil proof pistol scope pistol scope at my expense to Thompson Center Arms (now Smith and Wesson) as instructed by their customer service for repair. But 2 weeks after receiving my scope, they informed me that they no longer repaired this scope. They checked their inventory and after another 3 months had passed, they informed me that they did not have any replacement scopes in inventory and that they had discontinued this scope.

I asked them to return my scope with the hope that I could eventually find someone else to repair it. They told me that my scope had been "processed" and could not be returned to me. I told them I would accept a comparable scope, such as the Nikon Force XR Handgun Scope 2.5-8X 28, or $297.99 to enable me to buy a replacement scope. They refused these alternatives. Instead, they offered to give me one of their muzzleloader rifle scopes, something I have no use for and which I refused to accept as a replacement.

After receiving my scope nearly five months ago they have failed to repair, replace or even return my scope. I can not imagine worse customer service.
Re: TC Customer Service [message #32922 is a reply to message #32920] Thu, 28 August 2014 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Rich, Know the model BP scope they offered? comparable in price to the one you had? You might be able to get it (new) and swap with someone here for a scope you can use. Better than sitting with nothing In-hand. "Processed". Is that like processed meat, meat by-products, and filler to make hot-dogs? IE ground up so it takes less space in their dumpster.
Jim
Previous Topic: Custom T/C contender barrels: Good or Bad
Next Topic: Tony's Forends and Grips
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:28:18 EDT 2024