Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Smith & Wesson Customer Service
Smith & Wesson Customer Service [message #32921] Thu, 28 August 2014 09:03 Go to next message
HiPlainsDrifter is currently offline  HiPlainsDrifter
Forum Newbie
Smith & Wesson Customer Service has been a nightmare for me.

I sent my 2.5x-7x recoil proof pistol scope pistol scope at my expense to Thompson Center Arms (now Smith and Wesson) as instructed by their customer service for repair. But 2 weeks after receiving my scope, they informed me that they no longer repaired this scope. They checked their inventory and after another 3 months had passed, they informed me that they did not have any replacement scopes in inventory and that they had discontinued this scope.

I asked them to return my scope with the hope that I could eventually find someone else to repair it. They told me that my scope had been "processed" and could not be returned to me. I told them I would accept a comparable scope, such as the Nikon Force XR Handgun Scope 2.5-8X 28, or $297.99 to enable me to buy a replacement scope. They refused these alternatives. Instead, they offered to give me one of their muzzleloader rifle scopes, something I have no use for and which I refused to accept as a replacement.

After receiving my scope nearly five months ago they have failed to repair, replace or even return my scope. I can not imagine worse customer service.
Re: Smith & Wesson Customer Service [message #35440 is a reply to message #32921] Wed, 07 January 2015 10:21 Go to previous message
kodabear is currently offline  kodabear
Forum Newbie
That is sounding just about right. Never mind service, up here in NH it almost seems like they could care less about selling Encores? I'm starting to smell something here and it's not good.
Previous Topic: Weaver
Next Topic: DNZ mounts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:43:09 EDT 2024