Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Introducing myself (same)
Introducing myself [message #33315] Mon, 29 September 2014 02:56 Go to next message
Ian-in-Ct is currently offline  Ian-in-Ct
Forum Newbie
Good morning. Glad I found this place. I'm an owner of a Pro Hunter. My only barrel so far is a 35 Whelen but I'd like to eventually get a 25-06, a 50x209 a17Hmr, and maybe a 460 barrel for it. I've been here minutes and already found an answer to one question I had. The question being does the 460/454/45 campatability found in the revolver transfer to the Encore? And Im glad to see it does. I guess my first order of buisness on this site will be to find a good diy trigger job post. Although I find the trigger to be fine, If I can make it better I will. I'll also be looking for a 25-06 barrel in the classified thread. My 35 is awesome on game, in fact I think it may be the most underrated caliber in production, but it can be punishing during a long range session. I don't consider myself recoil sensetive but anything shooting 200gr at over 2900fps is going to sting and I'd like a good deer caliber that I can tinker with on the reloading bench and go have fun proofing loads at the range. The 35 is not that fun on the range. Anyway, thanks for having me.
Re: Introducing myself [message #33316 is a reply to message #33315] Mon, 29 September 2014 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Welcome to the group Ian. For the DIY trigger job, the best place to get that info would be Bellm's site. I see you have a favoring toward the 30-06 based cartridges, 25-06 and the 35 Whelen being at the two ends. The smaller established old-time wildcats based on that case will be more than adequate for any deer that walks the planet, and a bit less punishing at the range. 25-06 is certainly deer capable, as well as the 270, 30-06, itself, being a few of the others. Better grab a 17HMR while you can, since T/C has deleted all the rimfires in the encore. Are you primarlily a "rifle" guy, or do you shoot your encore as a handgun as well?
Jim
Re: Introducing myself [message #33320 is a reply to message #33316] Mon, 29 September 2014 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian-in-Ct is currently offline  Ian-in-Ct
Forum Newbie
I find the 270 to be too "common" for me. I like less popular calibers. And yes, Ive already downloaded the Bellm manual for a trigger job after reading about it here. I have thought about getting a short pistol barrel and grips as they just made handgun hunting legal in my state. I already shoot and reload 44mag so that would be the most likely choice. I have a couple questions I will be posting in the near future. Looking forward to everyones feedback.
Re: Introducing myself [message #33321 is a reply to message #33320] Mon, 29 September 2014 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Welcome to the forum Ian. Pull up a chair and put a pad-lock on your wallet. Money has a way of getting away from a person around here. I think you will find this to be about the finest forum on the web. Welcome and enjoy the addiction.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Introducing myself [message #33322 is a reply to message #33315] Mon, 29 September 2014 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wwkmag is currently offline  wwkmag

Welcome to the site!...Mike/WWK
Re: Introducing myself [message #33383 is a reply to message #33322] Sun, 05 October 2014 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lepcur is currently offline  lepcur
Top Contributor
Welcome Ian, enjoy.
Mike
Re: Introducing myself [message #33393 is a reply to message #33383] Mon, 06 October 2014 08:07 Go to previous message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

i second the pad-locking the wallet Smile terrible things happen here! welcome!
Previous Topic: New member hello
Next Topic: HI, I'm a new guy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 21:57:26 EDT 2024