Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Weaver
Weaver [message #33642] Wed, 22 October 2014 16:53 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
A couple years ago I bought a Weaver T-36 scope. Simply outstanding for clarity and ease of use. The one I got was used and didn't come with the regular adjustment knobs and covers, and was also missing the metal lens covers. Two weeks ago I emailed them that I didn't have them and wanted to purchase a set if I could.

Well, a couple days ago I got lens covers, knobs and covers in the mail. For free.

My hat's off to Weaver for outstanding customer support Very Happy

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Weaver [message #33694 is a reply to message #33642] Fri, 24 October 2014 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Weaver owned by (or a brother corp with) another manufacturer?
Re: Weaver [message #33695 is a reply to message #33694] Fri, 24 October 2014 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Meade Instruments acquired Weaver (Dept. ST, 201 Plantation Oak Dr., Thomasville, GA 31792; 229-227-9053; www.weaveroptics.com) along with Simmons and Redfield

Can't speak of the other two, but I'm very grateful and impressed with the Weaver side

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Weaver [message #33696 is a reply to message #33695] Fri, 24 October 2014 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
and now I found an article that says ATK bought Weaver back in 2008... heck if I know

Re: Weaver [message #33698 is a reply to message #33696] Fri, 24 October 2014 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
My brother grabs all the 2X, 4X pistol and rifle scopes he can that the tubes were actually made from stainless steel, and not plated or sprayed on. But then I do the same with all the 3-9 Burris with posilock. Redfield at one time was owned by Leupold. Bushnell years ago was a stand-alone. then owned by Bausch and Lomb, then sold off. Hard to keep track of who owns who anymore.
Jim
Re: Weaver [message #33706 is a reply to message #33698] Sat, 25 October 2014 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

About a year ago I talked with salesman in the outlet store in Lee's Summit, MO. he told me that Bushnell is a stand alone that owns Millet, Tasco, and Simmons. All I can relate to is what the saleman told me. I have been under the impression that Redfield was bought by and now works under Leupold. Here again I have read that somewhere on the net; and you know that they can't print if it aint true on the net. Don't really know anything about Weaver.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Weaver [message #33708 is a reply to message #33706] Sat, 25 October 2014 10:38 Go to previous message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliant_Techsystems

Pick up some free Catalogs while you're at a gunstore and check the Back Covers, You'd besurprised at what all ATK owns and how deep they are into sporting goods, including shooting sports. And There are other conglomerates that also hold many companies in the same businesses. Anymore there are hardly any standalones. T/C was bought out By S&W. They can't compete in today's world being "small". The state and federal governments can easily wipe out a little outfit. They have to band together just to survive. They may not merge, but they at least establish close ties. Remington, for instance, uses several bullets from other sources in there ammo. BTW, ATK owns Bushnell and several other Optics companies.
Jim
Previous Topic: Tony's Forends and Grips
Next Topic: Smith & Wesson Customer Service
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:59:07 EDT 2024