Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Product and Vendor Feedback » Bergara barrels
Re: Bergara barrels [message #35477 is a reply to message #26778] Wed, 07 January 2015 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tnek13 is currently offline  tnek13
Forum Newbie
I have a Bergara barrel in 357 MAX from Bellm and it shoots under 1 inch at 100 yards consistently (best is 3/8"). I also have a friend with the same set up and he also shoots -1". Both barrels are factory length and crown with chamber and set up from Mike.
Re: Bergara barrels [message #35696 is a reply to message #35477] Tue, 13 January 2015 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
sounds more like an endorsement for Bellm. You may not say the same for a SG or Cabela's Bergara barrel.
Jim
Re: Bergara barrels [message #45532 is a reply to message #35696] Fri, 04 October 2019 11:07 Go to previous message
Wilyote is currently offline  Wilyote
Novice Contributor
I had two Bergara Encore barrels (270 Win & a 7mm-08). AS you know, Bergara is no longer making Encore barrels. If you see barrels for sale, it is either old stock or used barrels. My recent dealings with Bergara were with a 24" Stainless 7mm-08 barrel. It was purchased in 2011 (it was a 2010 manufactured barrel). The initial fit up required some tinkering to get it to fit on an Encore frame. We have three frames and it didn't fit any of them. With the help of an experienced Encore person, I got the barrel to fit and shoot quite well. Last year my son said the 7mm08 was shooting all over. My initial thought was something is loose. I torqued everything down and checked the hinge pin and started shooting. I couldn't get the set up to shoot under 3" at a hundred. Tried another frame and it did not improve. It sat there until this spring and I began to work on it again and had thoughts of maybe getting it rechambered to a 280AI. After talking with a gunsmith, he suggested it be sent back to Bergara. After a month and a half, I received a correspondence from Bergara asking for the original receipts. A month later, I got a refund. No explanation on what was wrong but it must have been serious enough to give me a full refund.
Previous Topic: Witt Clamp on Muzzle Brakes
Next Topic: S&W/TC new policy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:19:29 EDT 2024