Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Today is my wife's anniversary (She has been married to me for 48 years)
Today is my wife's anniversary [message #37796] Wed, 18 March 2015 10:21 Go to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Today is my wife's anniversary. She has been married to me for 48 years. My birthday last week and then today. How could a fellow go wrong. Just hope I don't miss my birthday next year or for a few years after that.

All you say a little prayer for her she has put up with me for so long.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Today is my wife's anniversary [message #37797 is a reply to message #37796] Wed, 18 March 2015 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
Her anniversary? Isn't it yours as well? She's married to you but you aren't married to her? I've had the good fortune to have talked to her several times, and I'd say the smartest thing you ever did was recognize how good she was, those many years ago. I wish both of you many more anniversaries to come. Hope to meet both of you this summer.
Jim
Re: Today is my wife's anniversary [message #37800 is a reply to message #37797] Wed, 18 March 2015 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rogbarrier is currently offline  rogbarrier
Novice Contributor
I'll have in 41 years being married to the same woman in 2 months and just had a birthday 2 weeks ago.
Re: Today is my wife's anniversary [message #37801 is a reply to message #37800] Wed, 18 March 2015 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Congrats to you and your wife as well. I was married to my first wife 14 years and it was 14 too long. One now and I will celebrate her birthday and our 13th in June, my birthday less than a month later.
Re: Today is my wife's anniversary [message #37802 is a reply to message #37801] Wed, 18 March 2015 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Regular

Rog; Congratulations to you all as well. It seems that anymore the first little rift or problem and it is all over. Someone who stays the course is rare anymore. Usually the ones that stay the course knew what they were getting into to begin with. Marriage is a two way street. Oh BTW Happy Birthday too.

Thanks guys for the congratulatory words. Yes I am the lucky fellow in this union. She was and still is the best thing that ever happened to me. We met in July of 66 and married in March of 67. Been very happy ever since. Been through a lot that should have broke our spirit, but she has kept us going. The worst stuff that we have been through has never been anything between us just other stuff. Couldn't beat her with anyone I can ever remember looking at. And she is pretty good looking too. Thanks again.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Today is my wife's anniversary [message #37803 is a reply to message #37802] Wed, 18 March 2015 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
You've emailed me more naked women pix than anyone else on the planet. Now tell me, which one was it that you sneeked in that was her? Was one a "sneek preview"? Twisted Evil Shocked
Re: Today is my wife's anniversary [message #37824 is a reply to message #37803] Thu, 19 March 2015 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Regular

Sorry Jim, you will just have to figure that out on your own. I must say that I am a happy fellow. I am not so sure she got a prize but I sure did.

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: Today is my wife's anniversary [message #37835 is a reply to message #37796] Thu, 19 March 2015 22:26 Go to previous message
tyog is currently offline  tyog
Forum Regular
Congrats Murl! Hope you have a good one!😉
Previous Topic: Grands basketball team
Next Topic: I'm Just in Awe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:38:35 EDT 2024