Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » TRADE A BARRLE.
TRADE A BARRLE. [message #3297] Sun, 06 February 2011 20:44 Go to next message
bossie255 is currently offline  bossie255
Novice Contributor
Hi I have a few people wanting to trade a barrle I have how to go about it as I am a power seller on ebay and I know I ship my items.
Re: TRADE A BARRLE. [message #3859 is a reply to message #3297] Mon, 07 March 2011 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolverine is currently offline  wolverine
Novice Contributor
Guess you just have to have a little trust in your fellow man. I have swapped a couple and the other guy always came through. It is a bit of a gamble. Send your barrel insured registered mail. That way you have proof it was recieved and if someone tries to say they didn't get the barrel and tries to stiff you, you can always contact law enforcement in their town and push the issue.
Re: TRADE A BARRLE. [message #3860 is a reply to message #3859] Mon, 07 March 2011 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bossie255 is currently offline  bossie255
Novice Contributor
Yea have now traded a few and has went smooth. Is a bit of a gamble most are great as all should be but never know when might pick the wrong person to deal with as for now has been great people.
Re: TRADE A BARRLE. [message #4162 is a reply to message #3860] Sun, 20 March 2011 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Legs is currently offline  Legs
Forum Newbie
Very interesting thread here.............. Thumbs Up

No Federal regulation problems shipping barrels in the mail?

I may end up trading a 30-06 barrel for a 7mm08 (maybe). In that prohunter encore pistol.

Is this a regulatory mess? Can individuals just swap barrels? Can a dealer swap barrels with the buyer if he wants to trade for another barrel?

Show you how much I know but knowledge is power in these situations and I would like to know the stuff before I jump in and can't jump out, no?

best regards

Hunting large under the big sky
Re: TRADE A BARRLE. [message #4167 is a reply to message #4162] Sun, 20 March 2011 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Just don't send loaded ammo by USPS or send frames to another state without an FFL. Inside the state is controlled by the state.

You can send barrels to anyone, no serial # on them (so they aren't a firearm). Just be careful where you send them, Calif gets excited about a few odd things.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2011 00:01]

Report message to a moderator

icon14.gif  Re: TRADE A BARRLE. [message #4174 is a reply to message #3297] Mon, 21 March 2011 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Legs is currently offline  Legs
Forum Newbie
Thanks much. That is good to know

Hunting large under the big sky
Re: TRADE A BARRLE. [message #4462 is a reply to message #4167] Tue, 05 April 2011 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sierra Ghost Hunter
I live in Californica and have had no issues with shipping or receiving barrels as they are not a firearm and no ffl needed. Ca has a reputation that is well deserved due to the anti-gun whacks that over regulate the crap out of us. If I want anything illegal here I can just drive 2 hours to Nevada to buy it. Go figure.
Re: TRADE A BARRLE. [message #6422 is a reply to message #4462] Tue, 18 October 2011 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jilko is currently offline  Jilko
Forum Newbie
I stumbled across this site not long ago, and am also new to this type of buying/selling/trading. Ebay, gunbroker, etc, I'm comfortable with, this, I am a little nervous coming into. I've been looking for a 7mm mag barrel for my Encore, and finally a couple guys have posted that they have them for sale. How does a transaction work, are there no guanentees with this type of horsetrading? In my case, I'd simply be buying a barrel, so how would that process work? Does the seller send it out via C.O.D. or otherwise?... Sorry for my ignorance, simply out of the know and don't want to get ripped off... Thanks in advance for any advice/answers...
Re: TRADE A BARRLE. [message #6425 is a reply to message #6422] Tue, 18 October 2011 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doyle is currently offline  Doyle
Forum Regular
Jilko, like others have said in the thread. Trust is involved. You send them a payment (most sellers prefer USPS money order) and when they receive it, they ship the barrel (normally insurred and tracked).
Re: TRADE A BARRLE. [message #6552 is a reply to message #6425] Sun, 30 October 2011 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dblfan is currently offline  dblfan
Forum Newbie
Barrels are easy to ship at least, its the frames that are so expensive.Has anyone found a reasonably priced way to ship a frame (encore-pistol) to a FFL in another state?As far as I can tell it has to go common carrier and they want next day.Is that correct ?
Re: TRADE A BARRLE. [message #6579 is a reply to message #6552] Thu, 03 November 2011 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
The best way is to find an FFL in your area to work through. They can send a frame in a small priority mailer ($5) through the USPS. Mine said he'd only charge $10 (hasn't make me pay it).

The only problem is finding an FFL willing to do it that way.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: TRADE A BARRLE. [message #6617 is a reply to message #6579] Mon, 07 November 2011 16:21 Go to previous message
dblfan is currently offline  dblfan
Forum Newbie
Thanks,
I will see if I can find a willing dealer,emailed a couple but no response,will try and in person visit.Pretty sure I lost my buyer but will be ready for next time.

Previous Topic: G'Day from Australia
Next Topic: Newbie in the house
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 03:48:21 EDT 2024