Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Thompson Center Hotshot
Thompson Center Hotshot [message #38834] Thu, 23 July 2015 10:29 Go to next message
Thomtender is currently offline  Thomtender
Novice Contributor
I was looking at an add for a Thompson Center Hotshot 22 LR. I thought the action looks like a G2. Does anyone know what the action on a Hot Shot is. Looks like a nice little rifle. Any Info Thanks ThomTender Rolling Eyes
Re: Thompson Center Hotshot [message #38836 is a reply to message #38834] Thu, 23 July 2015 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
If I recall right, it's a mini-bolt 22 for kids.
Re: Thompson Center Hotshot [message #38837 is a reply to message #38836] Thu, 23 July 2015 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
index.php?t=getfile&id=6461&private=0

James I copied the photo off GB. It is a smaller youth type 22. Maybe somebody who has one can enlighten me. ThomTender

[Updated on: Thu, 23 July 2015 14:03] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Thompson Center Hotshot [message #38839 is a reply to message #38837] Thu, 23 July 2015 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
The action looks more like an encore than a G-2. The raised part is angular and not rounded like the G-2. Plus the grip appears more like a flex-tch stock of the encore. I found NOTHING for it in the 2015 catalog; so perhaps deleted?

Jim

[Updated on: Thu, 23 July 2015 14:04]

Re: Thompson Center Hotshot [message #38840 is a reply to message #38839] Thu, 23 July 2015 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
It's a Hot-Shot action. Scaled down version of an Encore. It doesn't cross over to any of the other TC frames.

A small write-up I found:
http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/30/gun-test-thompsoncenter-ho tshot/

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!

[Updated on: Thu, 23 July 2015 16:53]

Re: Thompson Center Hotshot [message #38841 is a reply to message #38840] Thu, 23 July 2015 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novice Contributor
Glenn Thank you, "Very Interesting" If the barrel comes off like all T/C's the how about stubbing to some other caliber 17Rim Fire mag or who knows what else. Will keep an eye out for one at a good price to play with. How about a handgun grip etc. Light weight small rimfire . Oh the possibilities. ThomTender
Re: Thompson Center Hotshot [message #38843 is a reply to message #38841] Thu, 23 July 2015 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
It doesn't come off. From the manual:

Quote:
WARNING: THE T/C HOT SHOT RIFLE IS A FACTORY ASSEMBLED FIREARM THAT HAS NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS. IT SHOULD NOT BE DISASSEM-
BLED OTHER THAN THE STOCK BUTT PAD AND STOCK SPACER.

Since there are no aftermarket barrels for it, factory or otherwise, having someone "stub" a barrel would not only require a smaller than normal diameter barrel (since the barrels are thinner than an Encore), it would also require a custom made "stub", complete with miniature locking bolts and extractor. Not exactly a cost efficient endeavor, and it voids the warranty and could be unsafe.

Nobody makes a pistol grip for it, as there are no HotShot pistols. You also would have to keep it over 26" to keep it from becoming an NFA weapon.

All the best,
Glenn

[Updated on: Thu, 23 July 2015 21:14]

Re: Thompson Center Hotshot [message #38844 is a reply to message #38843] Thu, 23 July 2015 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
with a butt-stock and a rifled barrel, a 16 1/4" barrel would keep it legal. Shotguns (smoothbores) have the additional 26" minimum legal requirement. A PISTOL as defined by ATF, is designed to be held and fired with ONE hand, and a rifled barrel, no minimum or maximum, but would at least have to be long enough for a chamber (cylinder on a revolver) and ??? minimum rifling in a barrel.
I often wondered where the Fajen two-handed pistol grip ("Push-pull") fits into their scheme. Then there's the shooters that use the "off-hand" to hold the forend on an encore or contender pistol, some up-close with rifle scopes mounted. A little more food for thought.
Jim

[Updated on: Fri, 24 July 2015 00:16]

Re: Thompson Center Hotshot [message #38845 is a reply to message #38844] Thu, 23 July 2015 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
I wrote a reply, but I was starting to get into a legal conversation here, which we have been requested not to do. So let's not get into another legal discussion here. I'd prefer if interested parties made their own decision after reviewing:

Title 18, Chapter 44, Section 921, Paragraph 8.

Whatever direction you decide to go in, that's up to you. But please read the ATF rules for yourself before making a decision.

Thank you.

All the best,
Glenn

[Updated on: Thu, 23 July 2015 23:59]

Re: Thompson Center Hotshot [message #38846 is a reply to message #38837] Thu, 23 July 2015 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laundryboy is currently offline  laundryboy
Novice Contributor
I have one of these and they are great little shooters. Razz The barrel appears to be fixed as I can not remove the hinge pin. It was designed to be a kids rifle with the high vis sights. If I remember rightly it came in camo and black with a few designated as BSA. Trigger is a little odd and little stiff but still fun to shoot. They also had a compact 4X Hot Shot scope with a duplex reticle for them. I have one on mine. Great scope for the $. Good combo for shooting little varmints. Very Happy
I also believe they have discontinued them
Re: Thompson Center Hotshot [message #38848 is a reply to message #38846] Fri, 24 July 2015 06:06 Go to previous message
Novice Contributor
Well that ends that, End of conversation. No wildcatting or barrel changes on this little fella. Hey!!!everybody thanks much all my questions answered. ThomTender Sad
Previous Topic: contender barrel
Next Topic: Are all Encore 30-06 barrels JDJ, or are some of them standard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 08:26:57 EDT 2024