Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Encore pistol holster
Encore pistol holster [message #38962] Mon, 10 August 2015 16:56 Go to next message
wvencore is currently offline  wvencore
Novice Contributor
Hi guys. New to the site and new to TC Encores. Just wondered what holsters you guys use for hunting. I have a scoped 15" barrel. Any suggestions on type & brand is appreciated. Thanks
Re: Encore pistol holster [message #38965 is a reply to message #38962] Mon, 10 August 2015 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wwkmag is currently offline  wwkmag

I don't use one.
Re: Encore pistol holster [message #38971 is a reply to message #38965] Tue, 11 August 2015 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kc2htv is currently offline  kc2htv
Forum Regular
I have a hunting spot on a small mountain that requires that I concentrate on walking, in terrain not suitable for pistol shots. When I go in and out of that spot I use an Uncle Mikes Holster. It has a strap for over the shoulder, and a strap on the muz end for running my belt though at the waist. Can be set up for either lefty or righty draw. It is also can be used with a flap for full enclosure, or open on the top for easy access. It is both comfortable in between layers of clothing or over a jacket. Not every man's cup of tea but works for my application. It will carry both scoped 15" Encore or 14" scoped Contender. I tried swivels and a sling on both Encore and Contender but the sling is a distraction when I use my mono pod stick to level out for the money shot. I have found that the sling can also get caught on small branches when I used a Pine tree or Cedar for a brace shot when the opportunity arose. Every one will find their own system but if it saves you from purchasing 3 or 4 different holsters Smile so much the better. Uncle Mikes has a wonderful site for information on their product. Good luck with your endeavor..
Rick

The barter system is alive and well, but the learning curve can be painful.

Certified NYS Hunter Safety Instructor.
Certified NYS Bow Hunter Safety Instructor.
Re: Encore pistol holster [message #38972 is a reply to message #38971] Tue, 11 August 2015 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
I find better designed nylon (many camo patterns) on an unmentionable auction sight at VERY NICE prices. I got one a while ago that carries my 16" contender with scope quite nicely. Cliff climbing and tree climbing it's nice to have both hands free and your gun not swinging all over hell banging into crap as with using a sling. I personally prefer a front carry as opposed to a bandolier type where you have to draw over your shoulder. That's too much and awkward a movement to suit me. NO ONE makes a good harness system, so I designed my own back in the early 80's and it really works well. I can eat or take a power dump and still be able to draw and shoot if the need arises. Tree and cliff climbing is a piece-of-cake, and lenses never get junk on them, just need the flip-up on the eyepiece. Open bottom, even if just a little, is a help, inevitable to get some junk fall in there. Avoid velcro as much as possible, too noisy; snap retainer is a lot better.
If you decide on a hip holster, get the same hand as you shoot, just wear it backwards on the opposite side, and cross-draw. IE right handed shooter would wear a right-hand holster on the left hip, grip forward.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 August 2015 10:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Encore pistol holster [message #38974 is a reply to message #38972] Tue, 11 August 2015 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wvencore is currently offline  wvencore
Novice Contributor
Thanks for the input guys. Gave me some things to think about. Don't think I'd like the sling way either. Just hope I never need to draw while taking a power dump. Good stuff right there!
Frank
Re: Encore pistol holster [message #39010 is a reply to message #38974] Mon, 24 August 2015 13:30 Go to previous message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

I use a shoulder sling... very nice for slipping through the woods
Previous Topic: which caliber
Next Topic: Phone number for edstc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 03:19:02 EDT 2024