Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Reloading » RCBS TrimPro - Tip
RCBS TrimPro - Tip [message #39308] Fri, 09 October 2015 14:47 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
One of the best tools I've ever used for reloading is this one.
index.php?t=getfile&id=6636&private=0

It's quick to set up, very easy to change cases, and allows you to set things up for each case and then make finer adjustments. And it's great (with the power mod below) for doing large numbers of cases at a time.

The mod is to remove the rear turning handle and find a screw/bolt/hex with the same threading. I recommend getting a hex screw, the larger the head the better. Then you can use your power screwdriver or drill instead of buying the motor RCBS sells. I've even seen videos and pictures of people putting these on old fashioned skates or pinewood derby cars with a track to make the task even easier.

The other tip is to trim a case to the exact size you want to use, mark it, and store it with the base plate and pilot. Then, when you're ready to trim again just pull it all out. Set things up using the marked case (DO NOT TRIM IT, just set up the coarse adjustment), and then put a case you want to trim in and set the fine adjustment.

Always try to set up the coarse adjustment so that it's long and then walk the fine one in. You can always remove more brass if it's too long. In my experience, it's hard to put it back on once you've cut.

Finally, for those with workshops. If you mount this to a 2x4 and put another piece (2x2) down the middle of that it's easy to just put it in your vise and put it up when you're done.
  • Attachment: Trimmer.jpg
    (Size: 60.31KB, Downloaded 381 times)

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: RCBS TrimPro - Tip [message #40236 is a reply to message #39308] Mon, 25 January 2016 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
littleking is currently offline  littleking
Forum Admin

got any pics of the drill set-up? I'd like to put a article together on the front page
Re: RCBS TrimPro - Tip [message #40238 is a reply to message #40236] Mon, 25 January 2016 09:43 Go to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Sorry, no. I sold the trimmer a while ago as well. All I did was replace the rear handle with a bolt that I had in the parts bucket.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!

[Updated on: Mon, 25 January 2016 09:44]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: What causes this corrosion on brass?
Next Topic: RCBS Summit Press
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 18:50:08 EDT 2024