Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » T/C Gun Case info???
T/C Gun Case info??? [message #39404] Fri, 23 October 2015 20:33 Go to next message
se3388 is currently offline  se3388
Forum Newbie
I have an old T/C gun case I got back in the mid to late 80's and am wanting to find out any info about it I can such as, was it only available through the T/C Assoc or at most retail sporting good places, what model was it, cost new etc. etc. It measures 5"x 12"x 22", the foam is cut where you can have three levels to store guns/barrels etc. This is my first time asking online anywhere but I haven't spoken to anyone in person who has ever seen one. Any information is appreciated.

Steve........

Just bought 2 Encore frames back in the mid 90's or so.

NRA Patron Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life member

[Updated on: Fri, 23 October 2015 21:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: T/C Gun Case info??? [message #39405 is a reply to message #39404] Sat, 24 October 2015 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forum Newbie
With 30 something views and no comments it looks like most people so far haven't seen one either.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
Re: T/C Gun Case info??? [message #39422 is a reply to message #39405] Mon, 26 October 2015 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrmurl is currently offline  mrmurl
Forum Regular

Steve;
This information was given to me by a former member here. James Gammel sent this to me to pass on to you. Hope that it gives you a little better idea of what you have. I have actually seen a case like that but really did not know anything about it, but James does.

"Your luggage case is model #7457 introduced in 1979 in the Dec 1, 1978 catalog for a suggested retail of 38.50. The same year, they also offered an almost identical model for the Super 14 with the middle foam being smooth, vs. egg-crate which was cut-out for the contour of a super 14 GUN, w/ accessory barrel and "other items for another dollar (39.50) model # 7455.
Dec. 1,1979 in Catalog #7, the price increased to 44.50 and 45.50, quite an increase. 1982, saw another price increase to 46.50 and 47.50, another 2.0/case.
1986 saw a further increase for this ABS injection molded case (*but thin and brittle) jumping in price to 51.00 for the universal model, and 52.00 for the Super 14 model.
1987 saw the Super 14 Case dropped but the universal model (7457) continued for 55.00, another 4.00 price rise.
1988, even this universal model "bit the dust". The thin-wall brittle plastic was crack prone after a few years.
It was not a TCA "special", just a factory offering through normal sources. whomever would carry and supply them to interested parties. Have you ever seen a FULL stocking T/C dealer? I haven't.
I've got one each. Quality was very poor, for these, likely most ended up being discarded due to the cracking issue; which may explain why they are hardly found anymore.
Jim. "

Mr. Murl

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Molan Labe

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin

“Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.” (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer’s hands.) – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because
we destroyed ourselves."
~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~
Re: T/C Gun Case info??? [message #39423 is a reply to message #39422] Mon, 26 October 2015 15:03 Go to previous message
Forum Newbie
Please thank Mr.Gammel for me, that is way more info I had ever hoped to get. Fortunately mine is not cracked at all, probably because I haven't used it in 25 years or so.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
Previous Topic: How to ship a barrel
Next Topic: Son harvests his first buck
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 07:15:03 EDT 2024