Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Now, why do you need another gun?
Now, why do you need another gun? [message #4006] Sat, 12 March 2011 20:13 Go to next message
cholifield is currently offline  cholifield
Novice Contributor
Think I have found the gun i want. I found a new Stainless Pro-Hunter with black thumbhole stock, in 35 Whelen Very Happy . I sold my .44 Mag Redhawk and bout have enough $ to get the Encore. told the wife i'm almost there on gun funds.
Her response "Now why do you need another gun?"
What do you say?
Re: Now, why do you need another gun? [message #4007 is a reply to message #4006] Sat, 12 March 2011 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nlopez13619 is currently offline  nlopez13619
Novice Contributor
I would say "What did the five fingers say to the face?" SLAP!
Re: Now, why do you need another gun? [message #4008 is a reply to message #4006] Sat, 12 March 2011 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cholifield is currently offline  cholifield
Novice Contributor
Yeah i was trying to avoid that.
I thought about saying; the same reason you needed an $800 Ipad.
but i decided to dazzle her with Bravo Siera and gave her a long lecture on ballistic coefficents, tractories, Ft lbs, Etc.
Re: Now, why do you need another gun? [message #4009 is a reply to message #4008] Sat, 12 March 2011 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
I asked why she needed another pair of black shoes... amazingly enough, that she understood

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Now, why do you need another gun? [message #4028 is a reply to message #4009] Mon, 14 March 2011 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolverine is currently offline  wolverine
Novice Contributor
I can honestly say I don't need another gun.But I can tell you that if I find one I like I will likely buy it.Its a guy thing as far as I'm concerned. I just like guns of all calibers and types. I hunt and target shoot with them and carry one at all times for self defense. Yes I have a concealed carry permit.I'm lucky in the respect that my wife never says anything about the purchases or trading I do with my firearms.
Re: Now, why do you need another gun? [message #4160 is a reply to message #4028] Sun, 20 March 2011 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Legs is currently offline  Legs
Forum Newbie
Funny you should ask. I need one because I'm gettin old and don't want to quit hunting mountain elk. I'm slipping on rocks and rough terrain and blowing my knees out!........... Rolling Eyes

So I want both hands free and a TC prohunter pistol in either 30-06 or 7mm08. If I start with the 06 and it plants a red kick spot on my forehead the 1st shot, I may lessen a bit to a 7mm08.

Local gundealers haven' a gun or a clue but they are dealers, even though a bit daft on the technical end of things.

But it ain't easy being a TC pioneer. Nobody around here shoots 'em. They just buy one, look at it and are afraid to shoot it. I intend to end that dillema.

So am so happy to find this forum. I figure these big blast pistols may kick up instead of straight back like a .44 mag. Therefore they may not be as bad as I think.

What do you think? thanks

Hunting large under the big sky
Re: Now, why do you need another gun? [message #5106 is a reply to message #4028] Fri, 27 May 2011 01:53 Go to previous message
undertake is currently offline  undertake
Forum Newbie
wolverine wrote on Mon, 14 March 2011 01:08
I can honestly say I don't need another gun.But I can tell you that if ipad caseI find one I like I will likely buy it.Its a guy thing as far as I'm concerned. I just like guns of all calibers and types. I hunt and targetipad2 Chargers shoot with them and carry one at all times for self defense. Yes I have a concealed carry permit.I'm lucky iniPad2 case the respect that my wife never says anything about the purchases or trading I do with my firearms.

It ain't easy being a TC pioneer. Nobody around here shoots 'em. They just buy one, look at it and are afraid to shoot it. I intend to end that dillema.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2011 01:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Muzzleloader or Rifled slug?
Next Topic: encore and contender?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 03:50:36 EDT 2024