Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » DIY Gunsmithing » trigger weight
trigger weight [message #42359] Sat, 31 December 2016 12:37 Go to next message
bullet is currently offline  bullet
Novice Contributor
what is the safest amount you would set trigger weight on encore? mine are from 2.5 to 3. I have a bolt action that I have timney on that is less than pound and I love it. thanks for you input.
Re: trigger weight [message #42360 is a reply to message #42359] Sat, 31 December 2016 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Tough one to answer..... because of all the depends ons

Since I only shoot paper and gongs from a bench I go as light as I can possibly get it. I've got a set of Bellm springs that go so light the hammer won't stay locked back if the rifle is bumped (no, it isn't in the rifle). Those I've set up this way are only for my use or by people I know can handle a light trigger and don't have to be reminded about keeping the barrel pointed in a safe direction. Depending on where I end up going with my Encore I may do the work to get it to take the super light spring someday though. (Maybe as part of the accuracy testing I so want to do)

Pistols must be set so that you have to intend to pull the trigger. Having it go off pointed up or down 45 degrees is just plain scary.

What ever you do, keep the original parts and put them back in if you ever sell the frame.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: trigger weight [message #42361 is a reply to message #42360] Sat, 31 December 2016 13:29 Go to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Not one to normally bring up the bad with the good I will say this (and I'm not talking about the legalese) - every firearm you own is your responsibility.

You are responsible for maintenance, storage, training, access, feeding, and inheritance.

Oops has a whole different meaning in the firearms world and the bad can't be fixed with an I'm sorry.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Previous Topic: Help! Misfires.
Next Topic: weaver 48541 base and rings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:41:51 EDT 2024