Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Gun Talk » Shoot or Not to Shoot ?
Shoot or Not to Shoot ? [message #42792] Sun, 26 March 2017 11:52 Go to next message
JMacD is currently offline  JMacD
Forum Newbie
Should I let it sit in the safe? any collector value?
its a .308 and looks like its never been fired with the box.
I have a SS PH for switching barrels.

http://i68.tinypic.com/10wo27l.jpg
Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot ? [message #42795 is a reply to message #42792] Mon, 27 March 2017 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Do you have the original box? It really comes down to this... if you bought it as an investment, then store it. If you bought it to shoot, bang away.

It takes something exceptional to become a true collectors item (in my not so humble opinion). Since the made thousands, and there's nothing special other than the serial #, plus it has the outstanding ridged trigger, shoot it.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot ? [message #42796 is a reply to message #42795] Mon, 27 March 2017 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JMacD is currently offline  JMacD
Forum Newbie
I do have the original box, but I might just have to try it this spring. The snow's not going away anytime to soon so I have a while to think about it.
Thanks for the reply
Re: Shoot or Not to Shoot ? [message #42798 is a reply to message #42796] Mon, 27 March 2017 16:28 Go to previous message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
I still have the one I bought (19xx) when they first came out, but it's a shooter... they did have nice wood back then

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Previous Topic: Match Grade Machine
Next Topic: Re Pro Hunter swing hammer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:16:17 EDT 2024