Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » So where have all the barrels gone?
So where have all the barrels gone? [message #45563] Tue, 15 October 2019 15:51 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Kind of just watching for a Contender 22LR and/or Ruger 204 carbine barrel to make their way here and almost nothing.

Hmm, been that way for other barrels too.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: So where have all the barrels gone? [message #45565 is a reply to message #45563] Tue, 15 October 2019 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunnysmarine is currently offline  sunnysmarine
the barrel fairy is on vacation, and I am glad for it !!
Re: So where have all the barrels gone? [message #45566 is a reply to message #45565] Wed, 16 October 2019 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
Wink

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: So where have all the barrels gone? [message #45567 is a reply to message #45566] Wed, 16 October 2019 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
It's been like that on many forums.

People were flocking to Facebook for a while, until the anti-gun crowd started reporting everyone. It's hard to post anything gun-related on Facebook without getting banned or put in "Facebook Jail" for a couple of days.

There are now several groups on MeWe that post barrels and other parts. I even opened a group page there - https://mewe.com/join/thompson_center_firearms_buyselltrade

I've been doing my best to bring people back here, but it's just something about "sites" lately... People don't want focus. They want a wide range of things at their fingertips, without changing pages. They want to be able to correspond with their friends, buy what they want, etc... without leaving the same website. Social media has been the big draw for a while. I don't get it. People get banned by Facebook for posting gun-related stuff, and even though I tell them, "Hey, there is a page specifically for you...Encore Classifieds", they would rather stay on Facebook and complain about getting in trouble for not following Facebook's policies.

That's why I created that MeWe page. It's social-media... but unlike Facebook, it's gun-friendly. MeWe needs some work though, or I have a bad feeling it ain't going to last long.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Re: So where have all the barrels gone? [message #45568 is a reply to message #45567] Wed, 16 October 2019 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to set in my ways for all that nonsense, will just hang here and the like
Re: So where have all the barrels gone? [message #46146 is a reply to message #45568] Sat, 08 August 2020 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DrHoward1955 is currently offline  DrHoward1955
Go to MeWe for gun stuff.
See: Tcaddicts.
Re: So where have all the barrels gone? [message #46149 is a reply to message #46146] Mon, 10 August 2020 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gemihur is currently offline  gemihur
Forum Regular
I'm with Sunny.
Don't new a new place to visit.
I'll visit the old standbys until after the election.
I'm anxious to see how that goes.
It's gonna be interesting to say the least.
https://i.postimg.cc/LXJdZNw3/flag.jpg

Think twice...shoot once.
Re: So where have all the barrels gone? [message #46202 is a reply to message #46149] Sun, 06 September 2020 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken AZ is currently offline  Ken AZ
Novice Contributor
One thing about dedicated sites is you have fewer keyboard warriors trying to embarrass and being an intimidator of new shooters.
I hate some of the jerks that join a page and try to act like an expert from Grandma's basement.
I'd love it if Facebook was shut down for political bias. Turn it off lights out! So sorry Mark your stock is now worth zero!

TCA Member #5228
NRA CERTIFIED HANDGUN INSTRUCTOR
Re: So where have all the barrels gone? [message #46203 is a reply to message #46202] Sun, 06 September 2020 11:16 Go to previous message
Ken AZ wrote on Sun, 06 September 2020 11:10
One thing about dedicated sites is you have fewer keyboard warriors trying to embarrass and being an intimidator of new shooters.
I hate some of the jerks that join a page and try to act like an expert from Grandma's basement.
I'd love it if Facebook was shut down for political bias. Turn it off lights out! So sorry Mark your stock is now worth zero!

I can only just imagine, We might just get a work force again that actually does something, Besides armchair quarter backing
Previous Topic: Will Bullberry be more collectable now that they are retired?
Next Topic: Hello from LA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:44:38 EDT 2024