Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » Haus of Arms Promotions » Shot Show 2022 Review
HausCamo.png  Shot Show 2022 Review [message #47086] Wed, 02 February 2022 13:29
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
SHOT SHOW 2022

Twenty-six non-video Facebook posts and eleven video posts for a total of 37 combined FB posts from 1/17 to 1/25/22. THAT EXPLAINS IT! This feeling of exhaustion, and that yes, though not likely, I (Marty) may have used up all my words during that time span. Here is a bit of good news for those of you who do not partake in FaceBook or social media, ALL eleven of those video posts have been uploaded to YouTube.com. So simply go to that site and search HausofArms, which will take you to our YT channel. All the videos are under the SSK50/Contender Playlist. Please subscribe and watch those videos to your heart's content. Before I go any further we must acknowledge the very hard work of my wife Ruth and her abilities to video using an iPhone, edit, upload, and schedule those posts throughout the show. You see me but you wouldn't if not for her.

Our 11th trip to the Shot Show and first with an "exhibitor" badge. Meaning in the past we had meetings scheduled and visited other booths. This year we were anchored to the new SSK Firearms booth. As their guests we were invited to bring along nine of our highly customized SSK50 and Encore firearms to stand beside ten of the SSK Firearms models, many of those sporting the latest accessory options that they have developed. We'd also like to thank Todd Fulton with Burris Optics for providing all the scopes that were featured on the firearms.

As noted by HausofArms friend, Justin Van Dee, the SSK Firearms featured the following diversity in their offerings:
barrels
frames (a new engraving pattern was displayed for the first time)
bases
forends
pistol braces
brakes
suppressors
muzzleloader systems
loading tools
bullets and ammo

Show me any other exhibitor that announced that many new products were displayed and explained for the first time. Can you say "BEST OF SHOW?" Most notable for me was the MONGREL muzzleloader system, offered with the SSK50 frame or in a kit to use on your vintage G1 Contender platform. Please take the time to watch those 2 videos on YT. They will explain it fully to you.

SSK50 FRAMES

I mean really you are reading this newsletter to find out the latest on our long-awaited frame offering. Just before Thanksgiving 2021, SSK Firearms announced on their FB page that they expected shipments of the frames to begin by the end of February 2022. We shared that by FB and even a dedicated newsletter to parrot that announcement. Yet I still talk to someone nearly every day that:
a) doesn't know T /C was closed May 3, 2021.
b) somehow missed these multiple announcements and is unhappy with the lack of communication.
Tell your friends of this news and spread the word. Also about that time my wife (again) upgraded our HausofArms.com site to allow automatic sign up to the SSK50 waiting list simply by going to that product page and clicking "WAITING LIST" and entering your information. As of last report at least 250 of you have taken advantage of that new feature and have added yourself to the waiting list.

While I am answering questions, here are a couple more:
a) There is no word of anything to do with the sale of T/C as we know it now. THEY just may let it die. Ask $&W.
b) No official announcements regarding the "Encore" although if you watch those videos closely, you'll hear a couple of insights into that. And of course, both displays included Encores.
c) VISION FOR THE FUTURE OF SSK FIREARMS Again watch the Pete Vogel interview. He states clearly that their immediate goals are to hone the manufacturing, production, and shipping schedules of ALL current offerings first before adding more to the plate.
d) WHEN WILL SSK50 FRAMES BE ON THE SHELF FOR PURCHASE? After almost 400 orders are filled and almost 500 names on the waiting list have been cleared away. Bottom line, if you don't have an order in place or are not on the current waiting list, MARTY'S GUESS!!!!!!! (!!!!! means heavy emphasis on GUESS) is at least 6 months.
e) Obviously as frames are available, we will be filling those existing orders first. As we are notified of shipments, we will contact that number of orders to arrange payment (if unpaid) and to get a fresh FFL copy, and will follow that process until all those orders are filled. Then as we are complete with existing orders, each time we are notified of a shipment of "X" number of frames, we will start calling that "X" number off the call back list. At that time we will place the order, collect payment and arrange for the FFL, and by the time we are done with that "X" number of frames to ship and so on down the line. Bottom line, wait for us to call you.
f) Many have asked about changing from one engraving pattern to another. No problem. We will cover that when we call you. Prices and quantities on orders in place will be honored. Additional frames will be at new pricing, and I expect to have that information soon.
g) As HausofArms is the distributor of the SSK50 frames, we will be signing up dealers. If you think your local gun shop may be interested in that plan, have them go to that same SSK50 product page, and they can sign up there as a dealer (Ruth again).
This has been a long and drawn-out process. We certainly have learned a lot, and we appreciate the patience and support by our friends in the Single Shot Community.

FINAL THOUGHT ON SHOT SHOW 2022

Attendance was about 50% of normal. Exhibitors were about 75% of normal. There was nothing normal to wearing masks, not being able to hear clearly (and no lip reading for Marty). We want to again thank our hosts SSK Firearms, Dave, Pete, Gordy and Brian for your expertise and passion. We thank you for sharing with us all those videos (please watch the videos) and stories. We expect 2022 to be a great year!

SSK BARRELS ARRIVING THIS WEEK (ALL ENCORE)

SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 10" 44 Mag Pistol Barrel
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS BULL Contour 24" 45-70 Govt Rifle Barrel w/TSOB w/Threads/Cap
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 24" 6MM REMINGTON Rifle Barrel w/6 Hole Base and Threads
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 20" 6mmJDJ#2 Rifle Barrel w/6 Hole Base and Threads
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 24" 6mmPPC Rifle Barrel w/6 Hole Base and Threads
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 24" 243 Winchester Rifle Barrel w/6 Hole Base and Threads
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 24" 6MM ARC Rifle Barrel w/6 Hole Base and Threads
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 16 1/4" 6MM ARC Rifle Barrel w/6 Hole Base and Threads
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 16 1/4" 6MM WHISPER Rifle Barrel w/6 Hole Base and Threads
SSK Hunter Encore Prohunter SS Heavy Contour 24" 243 ACKLEY IMPROVED Rifle Barrel w/6 Hole Base and Threads

THE COLLECTORS CORNER

Check out these stocksets.

https://www.hausofarms.com/Stocksets_c_2848.html

That's all for now.

Be safe and shoot straight,

Marty

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Previous Topic: A Christmas Carol - From Marty at HoA
Next Topic: Newsletter from Marty - 3/30/22
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 01:19:52 EDT 2024