Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Bad trader (I blame it on myself)
Re: Bad trader [message #8453 is a reply to message #8394] Sat, 28 January 2012 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolverine is currently offline  wolverine
Novice Contributor
Most guys that use these sites are very honest people. Shame one bad egg can cause a good thing to be a concern. I have traded and sold here without any problems. The one you trade barrels is the one you can not really control other than trust the other guy. But as others have said, contact the police in the town you sent it to and see if they can help go after the person that is ripping you off.Another way although it costs a little is to use a paypal account. They send money to your account and you don't get the money until paypal has a confirmation of shipping. Sort of covers both sides.
Re: Bad trader [message #10003 is a reply to message #8453] Sun, 25 March 2012 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ss man is currently offline  ss man
Forum Newbie
can you not send everthing ups cod thanks ssman new to forum
Re: Bad trader [message #10014 is a reply to message #10003] Sun, 25 March 2012 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stillhntr is currently offline  stillhntr
Forum Newbie
Contact the FBI here, they will investigate . I have used them on a couple of occasions with good results. www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/fraud/internet_fraud/internet_fraud
Re: Bad trader [message #10038 is a reply to message #10014] Sun, 25 March 2012 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john cooper is currently offline  john cooper
Forum Newbie
Jim,

Sorry for the loss.... I guess I have been lucky in my trades, most all have been trad arcery trades abd sells..... this kind of thing does make on leary.

John
Re: Bad trader [message #10182 is a reply to message #10038] Fri, 30 March 2012 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim36 is currently offline  jim36
Forum Newbie
I sent the E Mail to the FBI. Haven't gotten a reply. I also sent the "THIEF" an E Mail making him aware that they have been notified. Still haven't heard anything from him. Like I said, " I blame it on myself"
Thanks for your replies.
Jim...<")))><
Re: Bad trader [message #10184 is a reply to message #10182] Fri, 30 March 2012 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
groat is currently offline  groat
Jim sorry to say the FBI is not going to do anything with your issue. I am in law enforcement, you have to contact your primary law enforcement agency.

I hope you save all emails you corresponded with subject, inside these emails; in the header part are IP addresses the subject used. These IP's can be trace back to an internet provider and the cops can subpeona the provider and get an actual address and the billing name(Unless he is using a public internet access or an unsecured wireless network). Also the administrator of this site can provide law enforcement with all log in and log out time; user name and any other pedigree information he/she used to register with this site, along with the IP addreses he or she used.

No here's the problem; if the party is identified he might or probally is living out of the state where you live. If so your cops can contact the cops where he lives, provide all documentation to the other cops and they can make an arrest; or get your money back,facing arrest. If an arrest is made you would have to appear at any court hearing to tesitify or it can be done via telephone. We do this all the time with outside agencies.

Hope this is helpful

Good Luck, Get this person

Groat
Re: Bad trader [message #15448 is a reply to message #10184] Sun, 28 October 2012 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamesgammel is currently offline  jamesgammel
Top Contributor
I've found out from the FBI, Postal Inspetor General, and Secret service that there are several "favorite Tactics" used by "professional scammers", and gotten a few tips that can help prevent some of this abuse.
The first suggestion was be leary of anyone who uses an alias, ie anything other than their "real name", especially if registration at the site they are "doing business from" has a position for their locality, and they avoid using it.
Pro scammers often don't even live in the locality "permanantly", ie living in a motor home, etc at a local wal-mart and moving periodically, cheap motels, etc.
The post office is a GREAT enabler. In sub-divisions, or trailer parks, they provide "gang" postal boxes for each block, or "lot space" even if the space is vacant. They require NO proof of identity, or residence when someone asks for the keys for that box;, nor do they even check to see if a house even exists at that "position".
You CAN, and SHOULD check they county's database online and look for obvious "clues", ie, the house was fore-closed on, or taxes delinquent. Do an online address check and see if it comes up in a real-estate listing. If it's empty, the scammer merely "retrieves" his mail at 2AM, or retrieves mail at that assigned address's mail box at the end of the block or subdivision entrance. Avoid mere PO boxes, unless a physical address is also given, one in which you can match the name with county tax records.
For straight trades, one party or the other has to ship first, just make sure you both have checked the other out, and it's to a real person at a real legitimate address that's currently occupied.
Just some suggestions that might help YOU from getting stung.
BTW, scammers wanting money almost always insist on getting Postal Money orders, it's they MOST INSECURE way of sending money, as they require the LEAST "proof of identity" on the planet.
Jim
Re: Bad trader [message #15452 is a reply to message #15448] Sun, 28 October 2012 11:48 Go to previous message
cajuntec is currently offline  cajuntec
Top Contributor
Forum Admin
Please see the Announcement at the top of this page for further guidance regarding this subject.

All the best,
Glenn

If at first you don't succeed... buy newer / better equipment!
Previous Topic: Greetings from NJ
Next Topic: New member
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 06:25:11 EDT 2024