Thompson Center Encore Classifieds
Find your Encore Barrels here!

Home » General Conversation » General Conversation » Why don't people who WTB show what they want to pay?
Why don't people who WTB show what they want to pay? [message #8352] Tue, 24 January 2012 11:07 Go to next message
Crubear is currently offline  Crubear
Top Contributor
Forum Moderator
I understand wanting to get the best deal you can, but wouldn't it help everyone if you put the price you were willing to pay and if that included shipping in your add? Yes, your price may be way too low to get anything, but at least you'll know by not getting any responses. And someone may just be willing to take your offer ($140 for an Encore pistol barrel? Wish I'd seen it first!!)

I can't tell you how many times I've responded to a "Want to Buy" that shut down right after we started to work out the price because someone was looking for that exceptionally low priced barrel. Most sellers here aren't trying to make a killing (like that happens anymore) and really don't want to support some online auction, but since you're the one saying you want to buy -- tell us what your desired price is. If you're within 10 or 20 of mine I can PM you...if we're not close then I won't waste our time.

The added benefit is you'll probably get an immediate response and have the barrel headed your way a heck of a lot quicker because I'm willing to bet that most of the long timers know not to bother anymore.

OK, rant mode off.

Honestly, I have all the barrels I want or could ever need..... wait, look, there's another!!
Re: Why don't people who WTB show what they want to pay? [message #8455 is a reply to message #8352] Sat, 28 January 2012 20:31 Go to previous message
wolverine is currently offline  wolverine
Novice Contributor
This would help out on wasted messaging and time.Good idea. Of course everyone is afraid to say I will pay x amount and then find out they could have done better.
Previous Topic: forend bushings
Next Topic: 30tcu reloading info.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 07:06:31 EDT 2024